Votes: 3 60.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This round we see which scientist, the board thinks is the most mad. In one corner, you have Seth Brundle, a man who's in love with teleportation, bangs Geena Davis, doesn't bathe regularly and desolves human appendages with a high acid content goo that is generated by his mutant Fly form. In the other corner, you have a madcap scientist whose lust for achieving immortality exceeds many mens passion for sex and beer or womens needs to shop. Will it be the sad Fly creature, or the misunderstood Dr. Herbert West. The Lab is waiting and so are the polls. Get to voting for your favorite mad scientist movie.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cronenberg's The Fly is a great film and there's no two ways about it, but Re-Animator is one of my Top 10 Favorite Horror Films of all-time. Jeffery Combs plays the perfect mad scientist in Dr. Herbert West and easily outstrips others who have came before or since. I'm always hoping that Stuart Gordon or Brian Yuzna release another installment of the series. Combs has already stated that he would be on for another movie and there's even talk of Bruce Abbot as Dan Cain coming back. Great stuff. For any of you who haven't seen Re-Animator you are really missing out. I highly recommend this movie. It's the type of film we as fans are all about.

Cain: He's Dead?

West: Not...anymore. :D

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, one of my Top 10 favorite Horror films of all-time manages to squeak by with one vote. But we all know that's the way of things sometimes. Herbert West moves onto the Quarter Finals and we move on to the last matchup of the Preliminaries.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.