Votes: 3 50.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, in this final match-up before we head to the semi-finals, we have a mad scientist who can't accept that death is the final ride off into the sunset, and an axe wielding maniac with a fondness for high grain alcohol and homicide. Herbert West doesn't mind getting a little blood on him, and he may get what he has bargained for when he tangles with arguably the most psychotic actor of our time when he goes head to head with Jack Nicholson. It's Re-Animator vs. The Shining with no prisoners being taken. Get in here and vote for your favorite mad man

·
Premium Member
5,847 Posts
Oh man, this is a tough one for me. I'll have to think about this for a little while before I answer. :confused:

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I had to go with Reaminator.
As cool as Nicholson is, I've never hid my feelings on the version of The Shining that I like.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re-Animator is one of my favorite films ever, no matter what category it's in. There was a little something for the whole family in this movie from Comedy to Horror, it was a complete smorgasbord of goodness. Jeffery Combs turns out the role that made him famous with a certain wicked glee and Stuart Gordon unleashes the red stuff and directs traffic like the directorial master he is. I'm not taking away from Kubrick's film in any way, but the Gordon/Yuzna production is simply a much better movie.

Don, I'm wondering if you voted the way you did because The Shining was losing 3-0? :D

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
After a best two out of three coin toss to break this tie, Re-Animator like Danny Torrance before him, gives Jack the slip and leaves him out in the whiteout of a blizzard to perhaps be resurrected once again by Dr.West's re-agent? Nah, Herbert has no time for lollygagging and must make it onto the next level to compete in the semi-finals, and with that we close off the last of the quarters.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.