Votes: 2 40.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're closing in on the end of the second of the Death Match Tourney's. We're in the first quarter-finals where Master Vampire Jerry Dandridge from Fright Night pits his supernatural and playboy stylings against a bunch of cannibalistic hillbilly psychopaths from the Lone Star State in Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Which will go to the finals? The polls are open and let the bloodbath begin.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Fright Night: A chic and likable vampire film with strong characterization and good thrills.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre: Boring! Not frightening, nothing redeeming here, boring.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dougspaulding said:
Fright Night: A chic and likable vampire film with strong characterization and good thrills.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre: Boring! Not frightening, nothing redeeming here, boring.
I agree 100% with all you posted DS. Tobe Hooper has made better films IMHO. TCM is a highly overrated film that had it been made a few years later, say, the 80's, it would be one of those faded video boxes that they can't get rid of in the second hand release bin in your local video store. It doesn't scare, or creep me out, it merely annoys much like the collective tunes of Willie Nelson, or Conway Twitty. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Sinister said:
It doesn't scare, or creep me out, it merely annoys much like the collective tunes of Willie Nelson, or Conway Twitty. :rolleyes:
I appreciate your agreeing with me, but I must say that Nelson's "Red-Headed Stranger" concept album was a classic.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bleh! Willie Nelson. I'm of the opinion that he along with his fellow sheep romancers should all be forced to cease with their country music yodeling's under penalty of imprisonment or forfeiture of life. This doesn't include those of the female persuasion, like Faith Hill or Shania Twain, of course. :googly: No, only the male goat ropers who sing about sexy tractors or eating chocolate pies. The gals can all go star in those soft-core Skinimax flicks that no one claims to watch. No harm, no foul. :D

·
Registered
797 Posts
I love TCM, but Fright Night is a more watchable film. I mean, you've gotta be in the mood to watch Leatherface and the gang, but you can throw Fright Night on at a party, and nobody's going to complain.

But man, do I love TCM...

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
TipoDeemin pretty much summed it up. As much as I appreciate the gritty, terrifying nature of TCM, it is a movie you have to be in the right mood to watch while Fright Night is more a movie "for the masses" where it's watchable at pretty much any time.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I have always been a fan of TCM. Still remember wacthing it for the first time. Still creeps me out still gives me the willys. I like fright night dont get me wrong BUT i always will have a place in my heart for TCM. One of the reasons why I like it so much is that it plays on the concept that it could happen.

"The film which you are about to see is an account of the tragedy which befell a group of five youths, in particular Sally Hardesty and her invalid brother, Franklin. It is all the more tragic in that they were young. But, had they lived..........."

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, let me see if I can close out my own thread here. A lot on the ol' gray mush going on, but we have Fright Night leaving TCM init's wake of victims as it moves to the finals where it will face off against the winner of the next matchup. This thread is now officially closed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.