garage sale pjs- 1.00
spray primer- 3.98
spray paint- 4.99
craft paint- .99
airbrush paint- 1.00
glue stick- .25
RIT dye (used bottle)- 1.25
Total- $28.43
Ok, a brief rundown of how I made him. I first carved out some facial features on the foam pumpkin, then I used the paperclay to sculpt up his face. The teeth are dried strips of paperclay that are broken and carved. the body is a soda bottle with a block of foam on the bottom to give height. ( it turns out it wasn't needed, as I miscalculated the size of 12 month footie pjs and had to cut the top down from the bottle. but it was too late to remove it at that point.) I used the coat hangers as a wire armature and wrapped the whole thing with the brown paper, then duck tape.
I sculpted hands and a "neck" using the soda cap and the screw cap on the bottle. it was painted, the pjs were dyed brownish(well I tried anyway. the polyester material didn't take it- only his feet were dyed) and a patch of placemat was sewn to it using twine (and a 5" long needle- yikes)
I stuffed and glued the sleeves and collar with some broom straw, but it also needed some raffia as it wasn't looking quite right. They were then tied up with twine.

Some images of his construction:

·
Hillbilly Wrangler
3,472 Posts
That is really cool. I love it actually. Ill have to use that someday.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Awww. He's so... so... Cute? :( Truly a face only a mother could love! :D Really great work. The projects just keep getting better & better for this contest!

·
Muddled Moderator
28,242 Posts
Nice job Spanky, my wife says this is totally adorable. lol

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
very cute ..good use of materials

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
That is awesome! If you bought that at a Michael's you'd need the 40% coupon or it'd cost out the wizwaz.

He manages to somehow be cute and faintly creepy at the same time. Bravo!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts