Haunt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on my big addition for the year being a spider scene. I want it to be small, but very black lit. I want to use the high quality store bought spider webs and soak them in rit whitener and brightener. I plan on making a large spider or two with punching balloons mached and somehow held together along with some sort of piping for legs. Depending on weight I'll probably support them on the web using rebar/pvc(painted black) attached to their undersides. I'll also attempt to make a spider victim similar to krough's but mine wont be as good :p

Ideas, suggestions, anyone? I really dont want to construct my own giant web!

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
i would still put little batches of cheap spiderweb surrounding filled with the little plastic spiders for the outnumbered and baby spiders effect

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the cheap ones seriously suck, haha. theyre impossible to take down...the more expensive ones look way better, stretch better and are stronger. the cheap ones are like cotton balls....the good stuff is worth the extra 2 bucks! I like the outnumbered effect...that would cool but i need to consider what would even be visible at night

·
Registered
831 Posts
OK Beepem. I think I built my spider victim in 1 afternoon after studying ScareFX's fine example. You can make one as well. Follow my how-to and just have fun, mine is mostly made from scraps from my shop as you can see in my how-to. Grimvisions Victim

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
krough, I was looking around at your victim last night, its really good and I think I'm gonna try to make something like it...thanks for the picture scarefx, those spiders are great

·
Hillbilly Wrangler
3,472 Posts
Hey if you want to have very rounded spiders use the cheap balls at walmart. I think i got mine for like 50cents each. I just popped them, but they were pretty sturdy to work on. I also used foam covered plant wire for my legs. I then covered the legs with stretched out cotton and covered them with latex tinted with black paint. Hope that helps.

·
Terrible Peril
2,660 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts