Haunt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on another forum I've seen people refer to "spider web guns" but without a lot of explanation.

Now. I've used those $%^& bags of cotton stuff from the local store... two years ago it mostly OK, last year all I could find was this AWFUL stuff that really didn't work well at all. I don't know what happened or why it was the only choice anywhere...

This year I hope to get some better quality. So any suggestions you have are grreatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Now. I've used those $%^& bags of cotton stuff from the local store... two years ago it mostly OK, last year all I could find was this AWFUL stuff that really didn't work well at all. I don't know what happened or why it was the only choice anywhere...
I've noticed a big difference with the spider webbing you buy in bags from various stores. Most of the Halloween stores sell the good stuff. The bags you can buy from the local dollar stores is just horrible. It's got a mind of it's own when you try to strech it out, rips often, doesn't stretch like the good stuff, looks more like clumps of pillow stuffing once you do get it out of the bag. Solution is to stock up on the good spider webbing from the halloween stores once it goes on clearance after season.

As for the spider web gun, we have a web spinner which is just a small can attached to a small fan blade. The can gets filled with Contact cement and is then blown out through the fan. I've seen it work at the PA. gathering two years ago, but we haven't used ours as of yet. Hopefully this year as it makes nice fine detailed webbing and is easy to remove.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I get lots of wind at my place. How do the glue webs hold up? I never have much luck with the packaged web either.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I built one of the guns from the link above about 6 months ago and decided to try it out at the shop where I work, finally got tired of looking at them and pulled it all down last week. I don't think you'll have any problems with durability.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Now if someone could suggest a good supply of cheap Glue sticks ....:D

·
Registered
40 Posts
I just wanted to add... the webbing created by the glue gun is much harder to clean up than just yanking down the poly webbing. But maybe that was just my experience.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts