Haunt Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
A little bit bent...
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got an email yesterday from Spirit Halloween. Looks like they're getting an earlier start this year. The web site says they'll be opening stores as early as August in my area (SF bay area).

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
it'd that the truth!

we had one here last year - 1st time that i'd been in one...........good grief!!!

we waited til after halloween to buy anything

·
Registered
149 Posts
gypsichic said:
it'd that the truth!

we had one here last year - 1st time that i'd been in one...........good grief!!!

we waited til after halloween to buy anything
Same! I always went to Spencers which is associated with Spirit, but it's not the same. I don't know how many times I went back to Spirit just to look around. I had to find a new location because the one I kept going to they thought I was nuts. I did buy the Death Crawler and Tormented Zombie from them.

·
I'm bringing sexy back
7,769 Posts
MrsMyers666 said:
Same! I always went to Spencers which is associated with Spirit, but it's not the same. I don't know how many times I went back to Spirit just to look around. I had to find a new location because the one I kept going to they thought I was nuts. I did buy the Death Crawler and Tormented Zombie from them.
Yes mam - those stores are addictive. I have to go in them every other day to satisfy my desire even if I'm just wandering around. I love Spencers but it is small. I love the Spirit stores because they're bigger and can hold more props. You just have to watch those prices. FE is right about the mark up. But, sometimes, I just need to go and spend some cash. Hell, I have to buy all those damn Christmas presents for everyone why the hell can't I buy a descent prop for myself!!!!!!

·
Registered
511 Posts
I say, just go there to get ideas and build it yourself.

·
Registered
149 Posts
gmacted said:
I say, just go there to get ideas and build it yourself.
Very true. Most people on here can build those things if not better.

Da Weiner said:
I have to go in them every other day to satisfy my desire even if I'm just wandering around.
That's why I had to find a new one to go to.

I will give them credit I, bought the Tormented Zombie and saw it go on sale on the Internet 2 days later. I called them and they said bring in the receipt and they'll refund me the difference. When I went in I brought a printout of the site and no problems they even looked in the database and saw it was on sale on the web and I got my money back. Of course ended up spending that at Spirit.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
I agree it is a bad bad bad store....lol though I love to go in them and just wander around getting ideas too, their post holiday sales are the best time to buy stuff, but you have to get there early to get the goods..lol
we usually have several locations here in Denver so I try to hit them all.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts