Haunt Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased the "Little Zombie Girl" prop. and when I received it, hmm... I get two left feet. That sucks! What's interesting is the prop was placed loose in the box. No retail package, which is not a problem, but... Clearly this item was packed by their own shipping department, and not the manufacturer. I called the customer service number and no one answers. Yes I called during their business hours. This is very annoying.
Two thumbs down (a left and right thumb)
:(

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
I purchased the "Little Zombie Girl" prop. and when I received it, hmm... I get two left feet. That sucks! What's interesting is the prop was placed loose in the box. No retail package, which is not a problem, but... Clearly this item was packed by their own shipping department, and not the manufacturer. I called the customer service number and no one answers. Yes I called during their business hours. This is very annoying.
Two thumbs down (a left and right thumb)
:(
You may have to wait until they open up in your area to see about getting any help. Although they will probably tell you that you need to call the company since it sounds like you purchased it online.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Troll Wizard, thanks, I will try their number. I appreciate the help :)

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Frightners E! I sent them email, too. I'll try Spencers tomorrow. If no resolution, your suggestion for a CC claim is an excellent idea :)

·
Slowly Losing My Mind
2,820 Posts
I wonder if calling the parent company Spencer Gifts would help. It wouldn't surprise me that "Spirit Halloween" has no real customer service. They are more of a merchandising off shoot of Spencer's. I doubt the seasonal stores will help. If there is a spencer gifts store near you you could pop in and ask the manager for a good contact.

·
Super Moderator
64,302 Posts
This seems to be a common problem. We saw some prop hands hanging on a rack recently (I think at Michael's) and they were all the same handedness.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
I wonder if calling the parent company Spencer Gifts would help. It wouldn't surprise me that "Spirit Halloween" has no real customer service. They are more of a merchandising off shoot of Spencer's. I doubt the seasonal stores will help. If there is a spencer gifts store near you you could pop in and ask the manager for a good contact.
Thanks Lunatic, I was going to suggest that as well, but for some reason, I couldn't remember the corporate company that runs Spirit. But it is Spencer's, that is correct. And I agree that is who he should contact to get any kind of responce.

·
H.B.I.C.
9,101 Posts
Anytime I've had an issue with a prop, Spirit was accomodating for me. I did order something on line and returned it to a physical store along with the receipt. If I recall correctly, around here they'll be opening the second week of September. Additionally, their company's customer service was great!

davensj - I know it's an inconvenience, but I'm sure they'll want to get things right for you.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi CopChick, I have always received great service in their retails stores. The only issue I have ever had with Sprit Halloween is twice online. I hope to get the resolved soon.
:)

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Magic13, thank you for helping out :-D
I tried using their online contact form again tonight, but for some reason it's not going thru. It could be an issue with their system right now. I'll try again tomorrow.
Again, thank you :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have made several props using the Micheals feet / hands and they are both right hands or right feet... I used them anyways, and if the hands and feet are not the centerpiece of the prop, it will go unnoticed, from my experience. But barring that it is still horrid that you paid full price and got jacked up pieces...

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thank you Logan and Darren!

Yay, I contacted Darren from Spirit Halloween today. He completely resolved the issue. Thank you Darren and thank you Logan for the help!!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Also thank you to everyone with their suggestions!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts