Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this comes up a couple (lol...zillion) times a year but I can not find a simple how-to or diagram or pictures. I've tried the "T" to siphon water out but it simply blows air into the tank of water.

I'm using a washing machine valve....please help this poor soul...I've done a search everywhere.:googly:

I've tried to examine the photos for Procrastinors "BEAUTIFUL" spider...but I'm stumped.

THanks in advance.

Dennis:jol:

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
The way I made a coarse sprayer to do blood spatter/spray in a couple videos was by splitting the compressed air. I had a plastic hudson sprayer (with a side port that you could put an air line to), and took the trigger grip off so it was just an open tube leading out. Incoming air would go into the side fitting, and the pressure forces liquid up the tube and out. Left alone, that will give you a squirt of liquid (instead of a fine spray, since I took off the sprayer end). For splattery spray, you want the liquid to be forced through a side-connection into a slightly wider tube (the "carbeurator") that has the other branch of the compressed air blowing through it. Put separate control valves on each branch of compressed air (the one blowing directly through and the one going to the liquid supply; you'll need to adjust the two branches until you get the spray you like). The wider the carbeurator tube, the coarser and splashier the stuff coming out will be. If it's too wide, the air won't have enough pressure to really blow it out any distance.

If a little finer spray or a jet is fine by you, just leave the sprayer handle on the hudson sprayer, run your air pressure to the tank, set the sprayer valve on coarse spray/stream, tape the trigger down to "on" and forget about the carbeurator thing. Though I prefer my way because I'm paranoid about the spray tip flying off under pressure. Not that it would, but I'm skittish that way.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pictures? Is a hudson sprayer like a lawn bottle/bug sprayer?

Thanks for the info...

Dennis

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Pictures? Is a hudson sprayer like a lawn bottle/bug sprayer?

Thanks for the info...

Dennis
Yeah... otherwise called a garden sprayer, pump sprayer, etc.

The simplest/cheapest ones just have the pump handle (like a tire pump) that pumps up the air pressure in the bottle. As they go up in price range, some of them have a little side valve that you can connect a pressure hose to. Any pressurizable (sp?) container with an air input and a tube for liquid output will work. I don't have any pics of the old tank sprayer I described but I'll get a picture of a different blood squirter I made to show you the principle.

From the picture, procrastinator is using a different system... more of a venturi-type siphon, like paint sprayers use. I had specific needs for mine, his may be what you're looking for and simpler to make.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I haven't got around to testing this for myself, but I hear an Automotive paint sprayer or Air Brush works to get the "fine" mist" spray.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
THat might be a plan....Harbor Freight...$3.00

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hi Dennis,

I also tried the T siphon method with similar and comical results. If you put a small check valve in the line that goes into the water, it will work. It has to be a weak valve. This makes for a great mixture of air and water. I did have a problem with the water continuing to run because a siphon was created so I placed an additional solenoid valve in the water line.
I used this on my animated plant monsters. I had a similar setup for a spraying toilet effect but instead of a check valve, I used a "Siphon valve" I found on Ebay. I don't know if this is any different than a check valve.

·
Registered
165 Posts
You don't want to set it up as a "TEE", you want to insert the small water hose into the air hose about an inch or 2, routed towards the direction of discharge.
As the air rushes by, it DO NOT blow down the water tube, instead it creates a small vacuum that will pull the water up. You will only have a siphon problem if your tank is placed to high. Also do not try to focus or restrict the out put nozzle! This design must not have a nozzle, just the hose.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Procrastinator...Thanks for the diagram and info. I'll be testing it out tomorrow. It all makes sense...now.

Thanks,

Dennis

·
Registered
402 Posts
does the water tank need to be sealed I've tried all sorts of ways but I have had know luck...but I think this could be the way to go great Diagram Procrastinator a pic is always better then words...

·
Registered
402 Posts
Well Procrastinator I tried and tried your set-up and could not get it to work lol I guess I'm missing somthing I did come up with somthing that worked but it acted like a siphon and just pours out after I blast it but it fire's at 25psi real nice...here's a vid maby U guys can tell me what I'm doing wrong and I can fix this...water spiter test#1 video by ace22photo - [email protected]@[email protected]@http://vid116.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid116.photobucket.com/albums/o24/ace22photo/[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@o24/ace22photo/june15thand16th064

·
Registered
402 Posts
I tried and tired lol still know luck!!!I did what U said and even changed the bottle to a bowl...should the water hose be straight???I stuck on this one but all get it lol...

1 - 20 of 42 Posts