Haunt Forum banner

Spitting Toilet

3K views 36 replies 16 participants last post by  GOT 
#1 ·
Well in next year's haunt I'm going to be adding a bathroom and I plan on having a toilet with some nasty looking stuff all over it and i was thinking of cool things I could do with it.
(NO fangs, not a flinging arm!!! :p)
I was thinking about perhaps adding one of those spitter thingys that spray water. (wouldn't that be awesome/disgusting!?) :p
So I was wondering if anyone has done something like this and what all I would need.
Let me know!
:D.

#3 ·
the question is spit water or spew mist? I would agree with the washer pump if you wanted to spit... but would consider an air cannon hooked to the bottom of the drain to spew water in the bowl. you could also set the toilet on a self draining floor and use a large pond pump to overfill the bowl (seal the drain) and have the red water keep backing up and spilling over with body parts floating around inside.

#6 ·
You only need an air valve regulator and a compressor. You put the tube from the air valve in the bottom of the toilet from underneath and add small amount of water into the toilet then when you fire the air valve it blasts the water up and out of the toilet. It is very easy to put together. The air valve can be almost any of the ones that the standard pneumatics use or the dishwasher valve or the washing machine valve. Whatever you can find will work. This is one effective prop and really gets people. To gross out the toilet use great stuff foam and paint it brown and use different amounts if that is the look you are going for. Blood and guts or gross out ! Oh and don't forget to put down the lid.

#13 · (Edited)
ok... i am starting to think that maybe there is a differnce between scary and just plain gross... Scream Latrine and Awful Outhouse... GROSS. not my taste... so... to bring it back around again... how about a cute fish bubbler in the toilet... bubble bubble bubble... then create a popup in the tank that spits water (creature of the black loogon style)... would scare, but in the end would be kinda funny. bubbles in the bowl is a good distractor... cuz you know something is going to happen down there... pull a mold or make the lid out of something lightweight. If I got spewed on by the outhouse in those pictures... the only thing i really would want to do is leave!

#14 ·
"i am starting to think that maybe there is a differnce between scary and just plain gross... Scream Latrine and Awful Outhouse... GROSS. not my taste... "

"If I got spewed on by the outhouse... the only thing i really would want to do is leave!"

I admit that I agree with both these statements. I do, however , like the mental exersize of coming up with ideas. :)

#16 ·
the trauma trashcan is such a classic... if ya could put it into the tank... then create a sequence...

1) boil (bubble) water in bowl - (got their attention)
2) turn it red (pond light shoved into drain) - (got their interest)
-who wouldnt be looking into the basin at this point?
3) pop the tank cover with a head inside (got them with a quick scare)
4) have it spit via a windshield washer pump (got them with a quick laugh)
5) wait... till they come to investigate
6) air cannon from the drain (scare again - whouldnt we all think the prop was done at 4?)
step 1) is really just a slow leak from the air cannon...

#18 ·
I tend to agree on the gross out/ spray theory.....disgusting. If you like the gross look, I like how Terror Syndicate did this. Totally gross toilet that the people will just stare out in disbelief... then BAM!!! they have their "janitor" pop out from behind the door! A pop up from the tank would be just as effective. Just my two cents, do what makes you happy.

#25 ·
Some people don't like water on them no mater what so I think you just have to decide how you want to approach it.

It doesn't have to be a perfectly clean looking toilet but it doesn't have to go as far as the outhouse either. It seems that you are more interested in the surprise anyway....soooo you can gross it up a little but you need it to be approachable too in order to get the guests close. You don't want an "ewww yuck" and have them turn away.

I dunno, I guess you could have a pristine toilet that would look out of place to get their attention but I think at least a little rust would be better.

I kinda like the sequence with the light. You know something is coming but not what it is.

Great thread. I can't wait to see what you do with this.

#27 ·
Okay FYF is this a real working usable toilet? clue me in..
I don't think I would want to get wet either if thats the case..but that's me
I could handle something like an illusion of a spitting toilet and then have the monster gravedigger was talking about with some smells stuff (yucky) instead.
But then again that's why we all do different things
good luck on your project

#29 ·
Hi,
OK so I have to admit to making the spraying toilet prop. It is so totally disgusting, definitely the sickest thing I've ever made. A lot of people think it's hilarious. I haven't had any complaints about getting wet.

It's just clean water. Definitely a shock value. Yeah, there is a difference between gross and scary but having to walk by that thing is scary in a way. I like it and will continue to use it.
You just use a siphon valve hooked to an air line with the siphon hose connected to a water source. I use a bucket of water. I drilled a hole in the side of the bucket, near the bottom and tapped a hose connector into it. I used a rubber washer to keep it water tight. A check valve works also. It creates an air water mix, quite effective. Here are some pictures if you have a strong enough stomach:)
I have video somewhere. I'll look for it if you want.
http://wny-haunters.markshauntedgarage.com/photos/displayimage.php?album=random&cat=10007&pos=-20

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.