Haunt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every now and then I dust off my fantasy about running a B&B with a haunted feel...no real ghosts necessary, but if they were friendly I'd be happy to discover them. An ornate Queen Anne or Victorian mansion with that decayed opulence look, themed rooms, props sprinkled throughout and a freaking fantastic breakfast. We'd need that hearse for sure. We could host weddings...imagine a Halloween ball?
Am I crazy? Do you think there would be enough fans of 'unusual places to stay' to search out such a venue? I mean, it'd be a nice enough place to sleep on it's own...but I wonder if the spooky charm would be enough of a draw to increase it's viability? Would we scare away business travellers?
Any of you share this fantasy? Ah, to dream.

·
I'm bringing sexy back
7,769 Posts
There is restaurant/hotel in Cape May, New Jersey that does this. It's called Elaine's Haunted Resturant. They have the special effects and illusions, haunted music while you're eating. I was there and some people in the pictures are staring at you and they follow you were you go. I think it's fun. I've only done it once but would like to go back.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I would totally go for something like this. My boyfriend and I are planning on doing some travelling (at least a couple of trips a year). When researching a potential destination, I look to see if any of the local inns/B&Bs are haunted when picking out lodgings. I love your idea, though...all the trappings of a haunted house even though you aren't necessarily guaranteed a real ghost!

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
I think its a great idea too. Im sure it would draw a lot of attention, hence a lot of visitors, hence a lot of moulah.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts