Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally, finished work on my stalkaround. Seems like it took forever. The hardest part about the whole thing was working with the fabric (a tailor I am not!!).
It was pieced together using information gathered from members of this forum and others. He stands just over 8 1/2 feet tall (I'm 6'3" to begin with) and has both turning and nodding head action. Video soon!

I can't take credit for the frame ideas. They were styled after a stalkaround done by Death Wraith. Ryan Tuomi's stalkaround was also an inspiration. Many thanks to those guys. They helped me with their how-to's without even knowing it!
I hope to get the wife to video me in the costume tonight or tomorrow. For now some pics will have to do. Please let me know what you think.

here are some more:
Stalkaround pictures by crawfordforester - Photobucket

·
Registered
185 Posts
Nice work. I think they had a workshop at Frightfest Northwest on these this year. The one they did came out looking like an FCG floating in mid-air, but as TOT's approached, the guy would lunge at them. There's a video on the web somewhere.

I just wish I had the creativity to come up with something like that.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Nice work. I think they had a workshop at Frightfest Northwest on these this year. The one they did came out looking like an FCG floating in mid-air, but as TOT's approached, the guy would lunge at them. There's a video on the web somewhere.

I just wish I had the creativity to come up with something like that.
That sounds so cool.
Haha.
:D

·
Banned
4,493 Posts
Very cool,been working on mine too.Hope to be done by the big night should be the highlight.Can I see a pic of the costume with the arms extended to the side? thanks.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the comments. I've put alot of work into this prop/costume. I will probably use it as a combination. I'm working on a stand right now that will hold him up when I'm not wearing it. Dual purpose! It also helps in getting the darn thing on and off.
Gloomy_Gus said:
I saw that video too. I'd like to do one of those. Most likely have to wait for next year.
skullboy said:
Very cool,been working on mine too.Hope to be done by the big night should be the highlight.Can I see a pic of the costume with the arms extended to the side? thanks.
No problem! I'll get a picture with the arms extended for you when I get the video tonight. He has a wingspan of maybe 12 feet. My only worry is that the arms will get heavy. I wish I had gone with
3/4" or 1" PVC to cut down the weight. What are you using?

·
Banned
4,493 Posts
No problem! I'll get a picture with the arms extended for you when I get the video tonight. He has a wingspan of maybe 12 feet. My only worry is that the arms will get heavy. I wish I had gone with
3/4" or 1" PVC to cut down the weight. What are you using?
1 and 1/4 pvc a lil heavy but its only a few hours.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Stalkaround - Video!

The wife wasn't around so I had to do these myself today. To top it off my camera will only take :30 seconds of video before it stops recording and I don't know how to change the settings. Anyway, I hope you get the idea!!

Thanks for all the great comments, y'all.

I have included some pictures of the frame in the photobuck file. Stalkaround pictures by crawfordforester - Photobucket

Skullboy said:
Skullboy, in the second video is a shot of the arms wide. I'll take a few more pics tonight if you need any further clarification. Any questions, feel free to PM me.

I can't wait to see some of the reactions. I think there are a couple of parades in our area so I'm going to wear it in those. Hopefully generate some buzz to pull people to our house this year.

On to the video...
Stalkaround :: Stalkaround1.flv video by crawfordforester - [email protected]@[email protected]@http://vid101.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid101.photobucket.com/albums/m41/crawfordforester/Stalkaround/[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@m41/crawfordforester/Stalkaround/Stalkaround1
Stalkaround :: Stalkaround2.flv video by crawfordforester - [email protected]@[email protected]@http://vid101.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid101.photobucket.com/albums/m41/crawfordforester/Stalkaround/[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@m41/crawfordforester/Stalkaround/Stalkaround2

The ceilings in my house are 9 feet so you can get an idea of the size. I am actually looking out through scrim fabric just above the belt line. I'm 6'3" so he's pretty tall. That ringing you hear in the second video is my 'head' hitting the ceiling fan.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Fantastic job! I made one (not as detailed as yours) for Halloween 2 yrs ago. Worked so well that I frightened a small TOT who dropped his candy and ran back to mom. Have fun on the 31st! Great job

·
Registered
399 Posts
Loved the motion of the head. I've been wanting to do one of these as a ringwraith, but was overwhelmed by how to do it. Thanks for the inspiration and pictures. They're going to be very helpful! Nice job!

·
Banned
4,493 Posts
Looks great!I love the hands and arms,good effect.You do have very good head movement,thats clear in the video.Thanks for update.:xbones:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts