Haunt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! So with the %50 off sale at Spirit today, I got two battery powered Skull Strobe type things. My question is is there some way I can set this up so I can just plug it in rather than using batteries? Does anyone have any suggestions for what I could do with these? They were so cheap that I just had to get them! Here is a pic of the skull while strobing:

·
Registered
63 Posts
run a lead wire off of the first battery + in the series and the last - in the series. These will run to your power pack. Then jump the +s to the -s diagonally for however many batteries are involved. Take however many battery slots it has and multiply by 1.5 and that will give your how many volts you need for the power supply. As for the amperage that would vary greatly depending on whether it is an led strobe or a standard bulb. If you've got a good enough digital multimeter you cold disconnect one of the lead wires running to the bulb and use the multimeter in series with the bulb while being powered by the batteries. You may be able to get an amperage rating that way.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wow.. this sounds a little more complicated than I thought but I'll work on it! There are two LED strobes in there. Thanks for the info and welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Haha, I take back the part about having to run diagonals across the batteries. I was thinking about completing the circuit but that would be completely unnecessary now that I'm visualizing it. You'd just have to take the leads from the end positive and negative and run them to the power pack.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
okay i was a little confused there but now i'm on the right track! Thanks for clarifying! one more question! so if there is 2 battery slots, from what you said above that would mean I need 3 volts. So if I used a 12 volt power supply would that ruin it or break something or be a fire hazard or anything? Thanks! I'm new to wiring things.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I would imagine that if the circuit was built around a 3v power supply that you should probably stick with it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts