Haunt Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
422 Posts
So here’s my dilemma. I have an old inflatable that’s probably about 4.5 feet tall maybe? It’s not inflating enough to even fully stand up well. The fabric looks to be in good shape, it is still bright and colorful even. It’s a smaller version of an 8 foot one that got me into haunting, RIP “Fascinating Frank”. This one doesn’t even have lights in it, that’s how old it is. I tried using a heavy duty fan to blow through the fan to see if it’s the seams leaking but that didn’t work.

So here’s the question, has anyone tried stuffing one? I considered pulling the fan, putting a PVC armature in to stand it up and then filling with styrofoam peanuts or bubble wrap or polyester fill. Would this just be one big ole fiasco? This one doesn’t appear to have the fan secured with a zip tie, it’s like the fan is screwed to it or something. Obviously that would kill the whole “store in a little box” advantage but it’s almost useless now. Was just toying with the idea and wondered what y’all’s thoughts were on it. Not interested in great stuff, that would deform and never dry without proper air exposure and be a huge mess. There is a little sentimental value here even though it’s a small version of the original that is dead and gone or I would throw him away. Thanks!

Here is a pic of Little Frank.
View attachment 22321
First , I'd try using a leaf blower through the fan hole to see if the fabric simply won't hold air anymore. I can't see that being the case. If the fan is working there has to be a hole somewhere or large gap that is letting air leak out.

Regarding stuffing it, I actually have seen someone (the guy down the street) try this with an older Oogie. He put it on a wood pole, and then stuffed it. It looked ridiculous. Maybe his effort was just bad, but it looked terrible in general.

If you're open to a replacement that is a little pricey to help keep nostalgia alive, I found this one on eBay. It's the 8-ft version though...
https://www.ebay.com/itm/225172859009

· Registered
422 Posts
So here’s my dilemma. I have an old inflatable that’s probably about 4.5 feet tall maybe? It’s not inflating enough to even fully stand up well. The fabric looks to be in good shape, it is still bright and colorful even. It’s a smaller version of an 8 foot one that got me into haunting, RIP “Fascinating Frank”. This one doesn’t even have lights in it, that’s how old it is. I tried using a heavy duty fan to blow through the fan to see if it’s the seams leaking but that didn’t work.

So here’s the question, has anyone tried stuffing one? I considered pulling the fan, putting a PVC armature in to stand it up and then filling with styrofoam peanuts or bubble wrap or polyester fill. Would this just be one big ole fiasco? This one doesn’t appear to have the fan secured with a zip tie, it’s like the fan is screwed to it or something. Obviously that would kill the whole “store in a little box” advantage but it’s almost useless now. Was just toying with the idea and wondered what y’all’s thoughts were on it. Not interested in great stuff, that would deform and never dry without proper air exposure and be a huge mess. There is a little sentimental value here even though it’s a small version of the original that is dead and gone or I would throw him away. Thanks!

Here is a pic of Little Frank.
View attachment 22321
Ha! I happened across your exact version on eBay. Again, it's expensive, but if there is no price to nostalgia, it might interest you... eBay item.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts