Haunt Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,299 Posts
On the stuffing side - I don't know why you couldn't. There are obviously some downsides such as storage - but you are already aware of those. My main thought would be that given the fabric is so thin, what ever you stuff with might sort of 'transmit' to the surface. ie - bubble wrap, you might see the sheets, folds, wrinkles and blisters of the packing. With peanuts, you might see all the individual little curls and bends. Though possibly that would be desirable if you want a 'warty' Frank. lol. I guess the ultimate would be some sort of styrofoam 'bean' or pellet...like a bean bag chair which has tiny 1/8 - 3/16" pellets and would make a smooth surface. Though if those ever get loose, be ready for a mess!

On the air side - I'd be curious why he won't fill up. You say there are no large leaks / seam rips, etc, but even adding a bigger fan didn't help? Is it possible the fabric itself is just 'leaky'? Guess if you have a fog machine, you could put a burst or two into the inlet and see if it comes out in any specific locations, or just generally diffuse over the whole body. Obviously, any major seam leaks could be sealed. But if it turns out to be the general fabric... then what? I wonder if anything like Scotchguard or similar fabric sealer / water repellent would help? Possibly fabric spray starch would help fill some of the micro holes? Guess the 'nuclear option' might be a coating with clear acrylic spray sealer. But that might lead to other issues down the road such as flaking or peeling if it is too thick.

I don't suppose he has been out in the rain or through a wash cycle which may have washed away some factory applied coating?

What ever you choose, good luck! and let us know how it turns out.

· Registered
1,299 Posts
Looking back at the OP, you mentioned fiber fill. That might be the best compromise of all fillings - it should make a relatively smooth surface, and wouldn't really be messy. It might also withstand some compression for storage, then fluff back up for the season.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts