Haunt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 290 Posts

·
Capt'n Pirate MacGyver
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My first official prop for 2010 is going to be a new monster mud project.

I found this image online searching for ideas and really like it!

It's going to be a life sized prop (5 - 5 1/2 foot skeleton / 7 - 8 foot high x 4 foot wide wall), the plan is to set it up so people can stand next to it and take their picture. :) The BOSS said the only requirement was to have it break down for storage. :googly: :googly:

I'll update as I go ...

·
Capt'n Pirate MacGyver
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I actually thought about that, but didn't want to worry with building a platform for the small kids to climb up and reach the head level. :)

I don't know how many people are actually going to stop and take a picture, but at least it will be an awesome prop! :D

·
BRAINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4,597 Posts
I love that for a photo op. It would be cool if you can have it where the people look like something is happening to them also when they are taking the photo. I want to do more photo ops this year because they are so popular at my haunt. Here is a few photos of the photo op I did that might give you ideas. I love the pirate though it might just look cool as is.
http://rottedcorpse.yolasite.com/halloween-2008.php

·
Capt'n Pirate MacGyver
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Stays Zesty in milk
4,470 Posts
Yes! Build it! 09' was the first year I decorated my front lawn & it seemed everyone had a camera of one type or another. I didn't think my graveyard & tombstones were all that, but just about every group of TOT's had at least 1 parent with a camera-phone & they took pictures..

·
BRAINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4,597 Posts
That was TOO FUNNY! Love the idea ... for now, I'm just going to build! :D

Did you take the pictures or did that many people bring a camera?
Most people had cameras, but for the ones that didn't I took the picture and had them write down an email address so I could send it to them. I'm sure your pirate prop will be a big him and I'm really looking forward to seeing the finishing results. :)

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
This will be pretty impressive! Looking forward to updates. As zurgh mentioned, almost everyone has a camera on Halloween night, and photo ops are a big hit. I neglected to do one this year for lack of time, but have some ideas using some old props this year.

1 - 20 of 290 Posts