Haunt Forum banner

What Superhero films would you like to see be made?

• The Avengers

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Batman Beyond

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Wild C.A.T.S

• Dr. Strange

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Justice League

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Savage Dragon

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Silver Surfer

• Teen Titans

• Curse of Spawn

• Morbius, The Living Vampire

• Green lantern

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Cyberforce

• Lady Death

• Purgatori

• Evil Ernie

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adam Warlock

• The Legion of Superheroes

• The Defenders

• Metal Men

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thundercats

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is for films that haven't seen the silver screen yet, both Marvel, DC and other franchises. I am not talking about sequels or in production movies, but films that you personally would like to see. I'm going to post some in a poll, but feel free to add your own suggestions to get a good source of fan boy discussion going on here. :D

Vote as many times as you like and remember this when you do, it's for LIVE action, not animated films.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm all about super teams, the occult heroes and The Silver Surfer. The latter especially if they have my favorite villain of all-time: THANOS!!!

·
Master of Scaremonies
12,932 Posts
In addition to the ones above that I voted for, I'd love to see the following:

DC: Hawkman with the full Egyptian reincarnation angle, and also the Transmetropolitan movie that they keep promising. Zatanna would also be cool - fishnets + magic = box office gold :) Aresenal could be done up right; the Adrian Chase 80s version of the Vigilante; maybe Firestorm; a WW II era JSA would be awesome (but almost impossible budget wise like I think a JLA movie would be); and while everyone will laugh, I'd love to see one of my personal favorites, Aquaman, done up as he should (preferably written by Peter David) in a big sweeping epic.

Marvel: Yellowjacket or Giantman (I know Pym is insane but he's been my favorite Marvel character since I was a kid); Son of Satan; Devil Slayer (ok I know they both could be in a Defenders movie but...); Iron Fist.

I'll probably think of more or glom onto other people's posts that follow.

·
Master of Scaremonies
12,932 Posts
In one movie? Steve Rogers, patriot, is injected with an experimental Super Soldier serum and become America's greatest prehistoric hero, complete with a big red white and blue club? :) Cap America could be done up real good.

Oh and I forgot the James Robinson version of Starman, Jack Knight - that would be cool.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Both Captain America and Aquaman are going to get the treatment. Cap is one of Marvel's next projects on the slate and if memory serves, I think the Fish man is being developed for TV.

Superteams are always going to besubjected to budget restraints. But...they did X-Men, so whose to say they couldn't pull something off with The Avengers or Justice League? For Avngers I would use the staples like Cap, Thor, Ironman, Vision, Scarlet Witch, Beast, Wasp and Yellowjacket. JLA would of course have to have Supes, Bats, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern (Hal Jorden would be my pick, but I would settle for Kyle Rainer) and maybe Martian Manhunter, Zatanna or Green Arrow. Those would both be two helluva great films if they had Marvel's team taking on the likes of Ultron, Squadron Supreme, Dr. Doom or Thanos. For DC: Darkseid!

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Zack Snyder is directing Watchmen. That's after he finishes up with Frank Miller's 300. I think Curse of Spawn with it's more horrific elements would make a fine Action/Horror film if done right. I didn't have a problem with the first Spawn film but so many other people did.

·
Master of Scaremonies
12,932 Posts
I wish they'd abandon the live action Watchmen. The only way to do it justice is a 20 part animated series, or if it's live action, on HBO or Showtime as a 24 part series.

·
DeceptiProp
5,851 Posts
Both Captain America and Aquaman are going to get the treatment. Cap is one of Marvel's next projects on the slate and if memory serves, I think the Fish man is being developed for TV.

Superteams are always going to besubjected to budget restraints. But...they did X-Men, so whose to say they couldn't pull something off with The Avengers or Justice League? For Avngers I would use the staples like Cap, Thor, Ironman, Vision, Scarlet Witch, Beast, Wasp and Yellowjacket. JLA would of course have to have Supes, Bats, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern (Hal Jorden would be my pick, but I would settle for Kyle Rainer) and maybe Martian Manhunter, Zatanna or Green Arrow. Those would both be two helluva great films if they had Marvel's team taking on the likes of Ultron, Squadron Supreme, Dr. Doom or Thanos. For DC: Darkseid!
I know Aquaman had guess started on Superman tv show (series). I wonder if it is the same guy.

·
DeceptiProp
5,851 Posts
I know they had a movie called the mysterious 7, I think. Where all these weird people that thought that they had super powers. The one lady had her dad’s skull in a bowling ball. Now I like the idea. Just needs a broader scope is all on the plot.

·
Master of Scaremonies
12,932 Posts
The Main Man!

Sin - what do you think about people not only naming the films they'd like to see, but then also making casting suggestions? I think that could be interesting?

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The Main Man!

Sin - what do you think about people not only naming the films they'd like to see, but then also making casting suggestions? I think that could be interesting?
I was going to bring that up at the next gathering of the Halls of Justice. :D

Sounds good to me. We can do it in this thread, or start a whole new thread with that subject. It's all the same to me. ;)

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Wow. Who else voted for Savage Dragon?:confused:

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
And, Sin-man, I gotta geek out on ya here.

Is that Avengers category for classic Avengers, New Avengers, Post civil-War Avengers or Ultimate Avengers?:p

1 - 20 of 36 Posts