Haunt Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Feel free to draw parallels between myself and a right-wing Christian whacko who's hell-bent on converting the world to my own ways here... :D

I have made the decision to abandon Microsoft's internet companion products, Internet Explorer and Outlook Express. I'm tired of all the security flaws in them that lead to the presence of unwanted spyware, trojans, and viruses on my (otherwise) well-protected machine.

It's gotten so bad that I had to re-install my OS to get rid of it all, and install Adaware before I connect to anything on the internet. I say "**** that" to all of that ****.

I have started to embrace the latest (and first post-beta) version of the mozilla-driven Firefox Browser and Thunderbird e-mail clients. Both are freeware, open-source programs, that have been painstakingly developed by the freeware community over the past few years. Both softwares exhibit levels of security, customization and ease-of-use that IE and Outlook Express can only dream of.

In light of this, I have decided to add some new banners into the rotation here and on the main site for these free products. At the head of every page, a banner has been added to the rotation with a link for info on the Firefox Browser. Also, on the main site, I have added mini-banners for both Firefox and it's email companion, Thunderbird.

I beg all of you, stop supporting Microsoft's horribly outdated junk software, and step up to the wonders of Firefox.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I concur! I use Apple's Safari browser (mac only) but have dallied with Firefox and Mozilla, and they are all superior to anything microsoft, IE, or windows.

I believe you'll be pleased with this evolution.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.