Haunt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Evil, Wicked, Mean, Nasty
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Using electronic firecrackers, I've started making a new "faulty fusebox". Basically, a high voltage switch box that simulates bad wiring and short circuiting fuses.

A few people across different forums have asked about how these ecrackers might be used. Therefore, I'll post images of my switch box to show my progress.

I started with an all metal switch box, which has significant weight. To reduce the weight, and customize the prop, I've gutted the insides.

The original insides of the switch box...

·
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Next, I took some measurements and cut wood pieces to appropriate sizes. In the photo, the pieces that act as a base for the fuses look like two pieces glued together - they aren't. It's actually just the way the piece of wood was when I purchased it. I believe those are 2x2s. The other pieces are thin wood...about the thickness you might use for the walls of a dollhouse.

·
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Putting the pieces together would look something like this..

I haven't separated out the crackers yet. Using two of the dummy crackers for measuring, I can cut and paint the pieces.

·
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When the entire bracket is placed in the switch box, it looks like this...

·
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Next, I'll paint the fuses or wrap them with some customized design on paper. Then drill holes and run wires. To make the fusebox look authentic, I'll need to add wiring and other pieces in there.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
That's looking brilliant already. I can't seem to find a source for those Electronic Firecrackers - any suggestions?

·
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fright Props and other vendors that were at TransWorld are selling them.

I can get them locally at a Chinese grocery store. But significantly higher price then the group buy we did.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Thanks - not available in Australia yet from the look of it.

·
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Thanks - not available in Australia yet from the look of it.
Surprising since your closer to China. Maybe one of the forum members will sell and ship to you. Check Frightprops. These are great
for a startle effect. I've decided I might make a mad scientist prop - pushing a dynamite plunger. Just to tie in the theme.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts