Haunt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Meow,

So this is the latest prop to come out of the 'Halloween Cat Productions' warehouse, Lol! It's made from two Halloween skulls I bought last year and a cheap sword, all bought at a local dollar store.

I gave the sword a new paint job that I think turned out pretty well and I also added a few Acrylic jewels for show, all and all I'm pleased with the way it turned out, and it only cost a few bucks to make!

Though I will admit this guy never gets put away, it's on display in my bedroom all but one night of the year! Lol!

·
She looks so normal
21,275 Posts
Great work, like aways. I'll have to pull out some of my dollar store weapons and see what I can do with them. I was going to say if you leave him out all year, what kind of comments do you get, but then I saw you keep him in your bedroom, never mind. :eek:

·
Batty Beautiful
5,633 Posts
this is awesome!

what dollar store did you find the parts at? i've never seen these around here.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
By the Power of Greyskull! Sweet. Great fantasy/comicbook presence.

Never underestimate what a haunter can do with a couple of bucks and a paint job.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Love it and the price is just too good not to do it
Meow,

I know!! And everything but the skulls you can get year round. I'm guessing most haunters here are like me and stock up on everything like skulls and such during Halloween so all you need is a sword and your set!

And really if you wanted too you don't have to paint the sword, I just like adding detail.. I'm guessing that almost anyone can make this for under five dollars and in only a few minutes!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice! awesome paint job on the sword prop!
What kind of scene will you be using it in this Halloween?
Meow,

Mostly I go with a graveyard scene.. Its normally my sisters yard I decorate and since she has little children in her area I try and keep everything a 'Disney' as I can...

Still that does let me break up her yard having witches in one part pirates in another and anything else I want too throw in.

·
Can't keep up with Roxy!
3,526 Posts
Very nice.
What sort of paints did you use on the sword? Did you have to sandpaper the surface prior to painting to ensure the paint would stick?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts