Haunt Forum banner

Talking Mr. Thrifty

3K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  Crazy2ScareU 
#1 ·
I have a spare Mr. Thrifty laying around and was wondering if anyone has ever tried putting a servo in one to make it talk. I'm thinking of father/son Grim Reapers, or having him speak to the TOTs from his open grave. Thoughts?

#4 ·
One of the guys I work with did this and hung him in a skeleton cage. The cage is hung where it can mock the ToTs.

He used the Scary Terry servo controller, which was mounted on the top of the cage. He also uses the 60 sec Cowlacious audio recorder to have aloop of about 6 smart alec remarks. Worked great. I'll see if I can find out which servo he used.

#7 ·
I got the servo in the Thrifty skull today, and hinged the jaw. I think I'll make a skeletal little girl sitting in the graveyard singing to herself. I just need to create a good soundtrack and hit the thrift store to get the right clothing. I may also have her holding the doll she was buried with. So far, so good!

#17 ·
I've almost finished the skeletal little girl. I've been gluing long black hair onto the Thrifty skull all day and she's looking pretty good. I found a nice taffeta dress for her but my son says it needs to be "jacked up" so it looks like she was buried in it. She'll be on a PIR trigger that will start an ISD player when the TOTs approach. I plan to place her in a corner of the graveyard, singing to herself amongst the rising dead.

#18 ·
I wish I could actually find child skeletons. Small adult ones are the next best substitute, but I'd like the authenticity. And females; why are all the skelly models out there adult males? I'd like a whole family of skellies with a mom, dad, and the kids.

#19 ·
not real big differences for haunt purposes...

Gender differences
An articulated human skeleton, as used in biology educationThere are many differences between the male and female human skeletons. Most prominent is the difference in the pelvis, owing to characteristics required for the processes of gestation and partruition (childbirth). The shape of a female pelvis is flatter, more rounded and proportionally larger to allow the head of the foetus to pass. Men tend to have slightly thicker and longer limbs and digit bones (phalanges), while women tend to have narrower rib cages, smaller teeth, less angular mandibles, less pronounced cranial features such as the brow ridges and occipital protuberance (the small bump at the back of the skull), and the carrying angle of the forearm is more pronounced in females.

#21 ·
Mine's coming along nicely. I got all the hair attached, the servo's working well with the ISD chip/soundtrack, and I just need to darken the eye sockets and age the dress. She'll be holding 2 black roses - I couldn't find a suitable doll. Pics to come soon...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.