Haunt Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to set one up this year I think, but it's not going to be real.
Alot of times you'll see a television showing people walking through ahead with a night vision camera.
I'd like to set up a television playing a looped DVD with footage we'll film a few days prior of something up ahead.
What should I film? Should I film a real looking group going through and one of them gets taken aside and killed?
That's the only idea I had, so if anyone has a better one let me know! :D

·
Registered
936 Posts
I love this idea!

I would definitely film something ahead of time with several people walking through, the thought of seeing just one out of the group get murdered and the others just walking away is pretty spooky, so that be a great idea. It's a small detail though, so you'll have to make sure people know what they're looking at, without making it forced?

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I was going to put it on a table and build a farme to go around the TV so it looks cooler, and the frame would say "Security Camera #5" or something.
I don't know, but something to let them know what they're seeing haha.
If I end up doing it I'll post the video here.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Showing someone being murdered is creepy but might actually freek someone out if they believe it and cause some disruption as you have to stop everything and explain that it is fake. You might just show someone getting grabbed by a monster and get pulled (kicking and screaming) away. It would be really cool if you could show the last person getting dragged away (via unseen rope) by nothing like a ghost got him. If you construct the room right, you could show people walking down the hall, out of the range of the camera, then show a monster following them crawling along the wall. This would require you to construct a small hallway you could tip on its side and take two shots spliced together.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well the feed would last about 5 minutes and the que would never be that long. It would be while you're waiting to get to the entrance so you have something to watch and those people would be there for MAYBE 3 minutes tops.
And yeah, we want people to be freaked out. I don't care if they think someone really got killed, that's the idea. I don't want to be like "no no it's just fake"! If they mention it I'd just say "hmm...I'll have to check on that" or whoever is at the entrance would say that.
It won't be like violent though, I think it would just be someone getting pulled away from their group and like dragged off into the woods or into our Chainsaw shack. :D

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I meant like they'd only be at that point for 3 minutes tops. They'd move on by the time it repeated. We get thousands of people per night.
And yeah I think that's what we'll do, we'll have someone get taken from their group and not be noticed. :D
What do you think we should put around it? Like "SECURITY CAMERA #3" or something else?

13,791 Posts
Ok, here's another idea.

Rotate your footage, different scenes.
All scenes are fake, scare doesn't come from what's shown. You just want them to look where they think it's coming from, a distraction. You could use that as the set up scare, they fell less tension...scare is over, then you hit them with what you had in mind.

Yes more work, but if you're pushing 1000's through, worth the effort.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Mhm.
Basically the entrance to the entire haunt lets like 20 or so people through. Like 6 people, wait a few seconds, 6 people, wait a few seconds, 6 people, then stop and wait like 3 minutes or so. Then repeat haha.
Then when they get to OUR exhibit (the second-ish exhibit but the longest one) we stop them again to intro them to it, then let them in groups of 6-ish again. The people waititng to hear the intro will be able to see the security footage I think.

But yeah that's a good idea to set it up like it's fake. I'd just have to make it an interesting angle so people would be like interested in watching it. Otherwise I doubt people would see it haha.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.