Haunt Forum banner

1541 - 1560 of 1604 Posts

·
IN MEMORIAM - A Wee Bit Wicked....
8,670 Posts
:jol:Seems like we are officially "SPRUNG" for Spring. Everything is starting to bloom and the garden centers have TONS of plants. I bought a few herbs to start the season and then some petunias and other container plants to get a little color going around the house. I have to pull out my porch planters and get them planted....maybe this weekend? I love getting my hands in the dirt and making things grow. Such a beautiful feeling, taking a plant and nurturing it and making it gorgeous. Last year was our "clean out" year....so I have big plants for our barren back yard.:D;) Scareme, your plants are so pretty!:)

·
Super Moderator
64,111 Posts

·
Super Moderator
64,111 Posts

·
Super Moderator
64,111 Posts

·
Super Moderator
64,111 Posts

·
Super Moderator
64,111 Posts
^:)

Our yard is like a little oasis between yards that only have grass and a couple trees.

·
She looks so normal
21,275 Posts
Your flowers are looking really good Roxy. I have that same St. Francis statue in our yard. One year we grew jalapenos and bell next to each other. The bells turned out really hot, so I guess they cross pollinated each other. Have you ever heard of that. And unlike your wildlife, we had a lab that ate the jalapenos. She cried as she ate them, but she ate them. She also chased bees and fire embers, and cried when she caught them, but went right back to it.

P5 I love getting my hands in the dirt and making things grow. Such a beautiful feeling, taking a plant and nurturing it and making it gorgeous.

I agree with you. There is nothing like it. Today I worked out in the front flower bed. Because of all my boring medical problems, I haven't been able to get my hands in the dirt for over two years now. It felt so good to get dirt under my fingernails. lol I was only out there about a half an hour. When I stopped I hurt so bad, but felt so good. Rick says, Sure you love it now, but guess who will be out there when the temp is in the 100"s? And he will be, that's one of the reasons I love him, today.

·
Super Moderator
64,111 Posts
^Abby ate one of the jalapenos last year and didn't bat an eye. She must have asbestos lining in her mouth.

Rick is a good man:) I don't go out into the yard when the temps get to the 100s, either.

·
She looks so normal
21,275 Posts
I love lily of the valley but I can't get it to grow down here. I had scores of it up north. Down here I planted over a hundred pips and three grew, but didn't come back the next year. Yours are beautiful.

·
She looks so normal
21,275 Posts
The garden that was here when we moved in had a squash plant come up. I know it was too much to hope it was a pumpkin. Rick and I made a little bragging rites bet. He said it was going to be summer squash, and I said it was going to be zucchini. And it turns out I was right! And even better it's that rare yellow zucchini with a big bottom. That Rick should know better than to bet against me.

In case you didn't get a good enough look at my zucchini.

·
Super Moderator
64,111 Posts
You funny girl, poor Rick should have known better than to challenge you :googly:

We're going to try growing some zucchini this summer. Spooky1 picked up a packet of Emerald Delight hybrid seeds. They're supposed to be smaller than regular zucchini and, with a more open growth habit, easier to find.

·
Clean "cut"
27,015 Posts
Lucky you Scareme, rare ones already growing for you

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
This weekend the weather has been nice. More summer like than usual. Spent time removing plants from the greenhouse I built last summer, as temps normalize and we're out of any threat of freezing.

Going to hit a high of 93 tomorrow and then by Wednesday it will drop down to around 60 for a high. This is normal weather for us her in Oregon as we start to make our way out of Spring and into Summer!

·
Super Moderator
64,111 Posts

·
She looks so normal
21,275 Posts
That False Indigo looks a lot like Sweet Peas. I bought four Sweet Pea plants this year and they have been very disappointing. Looks like a lot of Lily Of The Valley under the Mountain Laurel.

We went to an Azalea park back in April. The flowers were beautiful. There was a couple there taking pictures of their little girl. She was so cute I asked If I could take a couple. She looks like a fairy (wearing shoes) in the flowers.

I had to buy one of these red bushes. So vibrant.

·
Clean "cut"
27,015 Posts
^ I love that red bush, what is it? ( That little girl is adorable)

·
Super Moderator
64,111 Posts
The lily of the valley make a carpet of groundcover back by our shed where that mountain laurel is. I took some lily of the valley and white peony out of my parents' yard a few years ago to transplant into ours, and they've thrived. If we ever move, I'll take some with me because they represent a family connection.

·
She looks so normal
21,275 Posts
The lily of the valley make a carpet of groundcover back by our shed where that mountain laurel is. I took some lily of the valley and white peony out of my parents' yard a few years ago to transplant into ours, and they've thrived. If we ever move, I'll take some with me because they represent a family connection.
I know what you mean. I'm taking some of my plants with me. They are ones I've paid high dollar for and ones that have a special place in my heart. Rick said, Leave some for the buyers. Heck, they don't know what was here in the first place. And I hate spending money on all my new flower beds here. Who knows, they might be like Rick and want to dig up everything and just go with grass everywhere.

1541 - 1560 of 1604 Posts