Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, here she is so far. I was just playing around with the wig she's wearing. She'll have the black hair with white streaks eventually. Still got lots to do with her, like ears and a tongue. I'll post how-to's when I get her finished.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LB,

Excuse my ignorant question, but from the description of the hair, I assume this is going to be the bride of Frankenstein??
Yes Richie, she is indeed the "Bride" of one of your favorite characters, good 'ol Frankie.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Yes Richie, she is indeed the "Bride" of one of your favorite characters, good 'ol Frankie.
Wow...that's wonderful. I can't wait to see her done. I hope you don't mind I post these photos for you. I thought you might like to see the work of a wonderful artist by the name of Jack Nisi, who recently died unexpectedly. I thought you might appreciate some reference photos of some of his best Bride heads, not to mention some variations in the hair. The first 4 photos are truly amazing and the finest recreation of that character ever made. The second bunch of photos was a slightly different version he did later on. I'm not sure what is available online for reference photos for you, but these should really help

·
She looks so normal
21,274 Posts
I remember having that expression on my wedding day too! LOL

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Well Laurie I'm sure this will turn out great.
Will be looking forward to your progress.

·
Hillbilly Wrangler
3,472 Posts
LB if anyone can make it great with mache i know you can. You do great work honey. Already fantastic, i cant wait to see her finished. I wanna try some mache. Im thinking of getting the kind ya just add water to, isnt that what you use?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Wow. Looks great!

Personally, (as someone who has never tried such a project) would love
to see pictures taken throughout the process...

The results are incredible. I consider myself to be somewhat artistic, but I can't imagine coming up with those kinds of results, even if I were experienced.

Kerry

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you everyone. She is made up using a styro wig head, Celluclay for a base and buildup, then Paperclay on top of that. The Paperclay is what gives her that nice smooth texture. I also sanded it a bit with 120 grit drywall sanding screen. This stuff doesn't clog up like sandpaper.

·
Registered
8,110 Posts
I'm speachless. Absolutely incredible! I would have never guessed that paperclay could have been used in that way.

·
Hillbilly Wrangler
3,472 Posts
LB, im not surprised at your talent. She's is truely amazing. You have done a fantastic job. Did you make those teeth too? Im always so impressed with you work. Seriously, you need to make a living doing these. They are wonderful.

1 - 20 of 103 Posts