Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heh-heh greetings kiddies, I havent seen this movie in a really long time. Like the Shining it is one of those shows that freaked the **** out of me when I was a kid. I was born in 76 and I would assume this movie came out in the early 80's. If I remember it had to be one of Kings first films, and he did star in one of the segments. I was just wondering how you all felt about this film and if anyone remembers it.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
The "Creepshow" was a collection of five vignettes inspired by EC Comics. Steve and George Romero collaborated on this film. Steve does play intellectual farmer Jordy Verrill in one installment.

"Creepshow 2", made five years later, was just as good, or pretty close as I recall.

Look for "Creepshow 3" due out next year.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saw 2 and only remember one of the chapters in it. and that one is the one where the kids are on the water raft and the balck sludge gets then. I will have to check that one out sometime. Did King write 2 also? I did not even know they were coming out with a 3, kinda surprises me.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
George Romero and Stephen King wrote part 2. The segments include a vengeful wooden Indian, a monstrous blob in a lake and a hitchhiker who wants revenge... and will not die!

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
King wrote some of it, and so did George Romero. Both films were pretty good, but the crown jewel in my opinion as far as the segments go is The Raft. Good stuff, and unfortunate that other such King offerings can't be this well dictated to film.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
"Meteor ****!" I love Creepshow... kinda lukewarm to the second one. I'm saddened by the fact somebody is producing a thrid one.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Yeah The Raft. taken from "the Skeleton Crew". That Story freaked the hell out of me. I swam alot as a kid. I would be swimming across the lake and suddenly the thought of that thing would creep up in my mind. It's becomes very hard to swim during a panic attack because your foot just touched seaweed and it's night time and you are alone and shore is a quarter mile away. I bet I would have gave an olympic swimmer a run for his money.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Man, I grew up on this stuff! My dad was an EC comics collector, so I read them all throughout my childhood. For that reason alone, I would've loved both Creepshow movies, but then you've got a yeti-creature in a box, a zombie who just wants his cake, an overly grateful hitchhiker, and acidic lake moss. Irresistible!

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
While you're at it, Doug, you really need to check out Shaun of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead (2004), Re-Animator and god so many others I have recommended over the years.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Just picked up my copy of Creepshow 1 lastnight for 4.99. I watched it today whilst making my witch. I stopped creating and just watched. the cockroach one always had me on my toes as a kid. As I watched the crate I laughed out loud cus I finally figured out where Zombie F got his writing for his crate. Great Job Zombie F!

Creepshow 3 has not yet come out. any ideas about it?

·
Registered
8,110 Posts
Tom Savini did the make-up for 1 and 2. I love his work. Unfortunately they're not having him back for 3. :-(

Also, you may or may not know that Creepshow is being remade and is slated to come out 2008...again, no Savini...King...or Remaro...

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
You know, it has almost become a moot point to get bent out of shape about remakes anymore. Eventually, everything is going to be remade. Hollywood hasn't gotten a clue that real fans don't want them, but as long as everyone throws down their hard earned cash for the damn things it's just going to be a hard fact we're all going to have to swallow. I hate it, believe me, I'm very vocal in my feelings about such treatments, but there's nothing anyone can do to derail that particular train.

Creepshow might not be too objectional to remake. Stephen King is rarely involved in options for his films. Romero isn't the greatest of directors around and Savini is good, but check out his protege Greg Nicotero's work. Get a good screenwriter, a director like say Eli Roth or Don Coscarelli and KNB-FX and I can see this sucker actually being done quite well.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts