Haunt Forum banner

The future of Star Wars

2K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  tcarter 
#1 ·
George Lucas has leaked to Fox News that he's planning 2 more live-action Star Wars movies. Though they won't focus on the Skywalker family, they may include other important characters we've met in previous films.

I still can't decide if this is a good or bad thing.

#11 ·
You suppose Lucas has finally come to the conclusion/realization that he simply doesn't have what it takes to make a successful movie that isn't already presold to a multimillion-member fan base?

Let's at least hope he doesn't decide to direct, then at least there may be some hope for it.

#15 ·
Either Fox News misunderstood what Lucas was telling them, or they just blatantly misquoted him. When asked about the future of Star Wars, Lucas told them he had two "projects" in the works--referring to the upcoming TV series, NOT 2 new feature films. As of now, the Star Wars film saga is still finished.

Fox News? Misinformation?

No way.

#16 ·
He should do a rockumentary on Figrin D'an and the Modal Nodes (Cantina Band) ala Spinal Tap! and maybe even have them be rivals with Max Rebo or something. I'm a huge Star Wars zealot, but geesh. He should let it rest in piece, uh I mean peace. I believe his projects are a TV series, not sure what that is, and I think he was planning a re-release in 3D of all 6 films, not sure if that's B.S. or not as I haven't been keeping up on gossip and news much latley.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.