Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend just brought by an old hospital gurney.

I think it looks creepy as is.
What kind of prop should I put on this?

I was originally thinking of something under a sheet twitching. But when I saw it I knew I couldnt cover it with a sheet.

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
I see a patient in restraints twitching and screamins

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
Well at least you didn't make it lol. (I'm still jealous though lol)

I really don't know what do with it. You could just add a "dirtied up" piece of foam mattress and a few body parts on it. It would depend on where you plan to use it really.

·
DeceptiProp
5,851 Posts
I see a corpse with most of its skin dripping off which falls in between the bed straps. You could even make it look like the corpse has rotted so much that most of his body sinks in bewteen the bed straps.

But during the summer days you could use it as a plant holder. Coooool.

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
krough that is a nice looking gurney. Those are all good ideas but I do like heresjohnny's idea of a corpse sitting up and maybe saying something. :eek:

·
Bataholic
2,725 Posts
I agree with HJ and PG! I thought the same thing when I saw it: "That would be cool if he had a corpse sitting up, turn its head and say something." Nice gurney Krough! :>

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
ScareFX said:
Nice find! It's good to have friends like that!

I see a startle air prop with a dead body suddenly rising from a laying to sitting position.
ditto

great prop btw!

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I know I'm going for the low-tech creep-out here instead of a big scare, but thinking along the lines of your original thought: how about a twitching body-shaped bundle strapped to/lying on top of the gurney? Kind of like a body swaddled in sheets. Add some kind of mechanism to make the bundle move and maybe even add some muffled sounds coming from inside the bundle.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Cool gurney. If that was ours I'd have a zombie nurse pushing it up and down the street with another zombified patient on it, maybe restrained, maybe handing out candy, maybe ranting and raving. UGGG, too many ideas.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
a couple weeks ago we were working at the haunted house i work at and we were moving stuff to our temporary place for this year and we took a back alley way. when we were driving to the haunt the guy i work for slammed on his breaks and went "oh my god!" there were 2 gurneys behind this old vacant building. he was so happy. i just told him to take em and put them in the haunt, but being a "good person" he called and asked the people if he could have them. they weren't doing anything with them, they were just sitting in the back getting all rusty. and they told him that he couldn't have them. i was so mad! now, if we do take them, they will know it was us. :( always go with your instincts!!

·
Hillbilly Wrangler
3,472 Posts
WOW great gurney...i like the idea of the zombie nurse pushing it. you should have a real person yelling and screaming on it though. Like help, me please these people are crazy. Im not part of this group, this isnt a joke, please they are going to kill me. people wont be sure and it would be creepy

·
Registered
8,110 Posts
Well, I'm always for using live actors when possible...how about a fake zombie nurse pushing the cart with a live person on it?

I envision the cart having a hole cut out of the main laying surface and a person's real legs going through to walk on the ground. The sides would be covered witha bloody sheet and you would't be able to see under. The person would look strapped down laying on his stomach facing where he was being pushed. The rest of the body on the gurney would be fake lower back and legs- and could be splayed open like a backwards autopsy or mad scientis experiment. The nurse could be a corpse attached to the back with its hands and a long gown to hide the fact that it is skimming the ground and floating.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Sickie Ickie said:
Well, I'm always for using live actors when possible...how about a fake zombie nurse pushing the cart with a live person on it?

I envision the cart having a hole cut out of the main laying surface and a person's real legs going through to walk on the ground.
This is a great idea!
Although everyone's ideas and suggestions are fabulous, people will expect the figure on the bed to sit up or move in some sort of fashion. However, if what's on top is what I call a "misleader" then you've really got a good scare because it's unexpected.
When I first looked at the picture, my eyes went straight to the bottom portion of the gurney, which is awesome, btw. :)
Create your horrible figure/creature for the bed, but make sure sheets drapping the gurney go all the way to the floor. The scare would not be coming from the top of the bed, but rather from an extender through the sheets from the bottom. People are very uncomfortable when something is aiming towards their knees or ankles. Especially teenage girls. LOL! :devil: Krough, I'm not exactly sure how handy you are at pneumatics and creating props. But, looking at your avatar, you've got what it takes! How about a hideous, flesh rotting arm extending out from the lower part of the sheets.
Whatever you choose to do, make the scare unexpected. This gurney is a rare find!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts