Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I'm only 10 months behind on getting the photos online, but I figure that is better than never! I'm still updating my website as well as editing some more photos, so I will post them in here throughout the week. Enjoy!

PROLOGUE:
It was of great pleasure to host this years festivities on the bayou. Illuminated by jack o' lanterns and fireflies and accompanied by the sound of jazz as it echoed through the Spanish moss.

Once inside the Manor, guests, dressed as monsters, Victorian ghosts and witches, were greeted to a New Orleans feast which included gumbo, salad and beignets. A jazz band, named Captain Jeffery's Musical Chumbuckets, took stage and guests began to dance in the Great Hall under dozens of swamp-colored paper lanterns which floated down from the high-vaulted ceilings.

To settle down, one was able to visit the bar and enjoy our many
specially crafted cocktails, including a Dark & Stormy as well as a Bayou Julep, and relax in the study. Guests who wandered elsewhere were sure never to be found again.

After the party, everyone was released into the night with a black box, wrapped with black satin ribbon and filled with candy.

www.LoveManor.com - www.Twitter.com/LoveManor - www.Facebook.com/LoveManor

Click on images for larger HIRES versions in various sizes.

·
Clean "cut"
26,997 Posts
What wonderful pictures! I enjoyed each and every one.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Looks like you guys had an awesome time! The pics were great! Love the snake in the plant!

·
Super Moderator
64,104 Posts
You sure know how to throw a party:) The house was beautifully decorated.

And LOL at the name "Captain Jeffery's Musical Chumbuckets":jol:

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That is too bold... lol, just kidding. This year I am actually going on a road trip up to Vancouver, B.C. until the 10th of October to go to a few pumpkin patches and maybe see some fall foliage. Will hopefully be going out to see what other people do for Halloween. But, next year, I will be doing a classic/vintage Halloween theme.

·
IN MEMORIAM - A Wee Bit Wicked....
8,670 Posts
:jol:Wow your house is amazing! Such great decorations and wonderful pictures, you really know how to set the mood! Who would NOT want to come to this party? Very well done!:D

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks niblique71. Yes, definitely some New Orleans inspired jazz helped set the mood. When the band wasn't playing we'd play the likes of Witchcraft, Thriller, Abracadabra, Witchy Woman, I Put A Spell On You and mix in a few movie scores as well if they fit.

I loved the costumes people arrived in. Especially the entire team of Ghostbusters who, upon entering, threw down there proton pack and said they heard we had a ghost problem. hah.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts