Haunt Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The-hog-flu's competition entry

Here you go. It took 5 hours of last minute cramming. I will go back and improve it later. Im not completly happy with it but I ran out of time. I've been wanting to make a scarecrow so here it is. I formed a head with great stuff and fleshed out the face with monster mud and paper towels, with a piece of burlap for the hood. I carved teeth out of wood and used a ping pong ball for the eye. The frame of the body is made of branches as well as the hands. More monster mud and paper towels over the hands. The body is stuffed with hay and mounted on a branch hung on a 2x4.

Branches and sticks - free
Ping pong ball- $1.00
Great Stuff - $6.00
Small piece of burlap salvaged from an old prop - ???? $2.00 maybe?
Old used shirt and pants - $10
Hay - $5.00
Salvaged 2x4 - $1.00

Literally, the only thing I bought was the great stuff. Everything else is recyclables, regular prop supplies and salvaged materials.

(Photos coming in a few minutes. Cell issues)

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here it is. I've been wanting to make a scarecrow for my pumpkin patch display so why not do it now. I'm not happy with it but I'll improve it later. I had to cram and ran out of time.
The head was formed with great stuff and fleshed out with monster mud soaked paper towels and a ping pong ball eye. The teeth were carved out of wood.
The body has a frame made of branches and stuffed with hay. The hands are made of sticks with monster mud and paper towels.
Its hung on a branch attached to a salvaged 2x4.
I literally only bought great stuff and a ping pong ball. Everything else was salvaged or recyclables.

Branches and sticks - free
salvaged 2x4 - $1
my own used shirt and pants - IDK.....$10 maybe
great stuff - $6
ping pong ball - $1
hay - $5
2x3 sheet of burlap - $2

·
Super Moderator
64,190 Posts
You may be the first person in the history of contests here to get a prop put together and submitted in the last hours of the competition. Just goes to show what a resourceful and motivated haunter can do:jol:

He's a good looking creepy scarecrow, and the addition of burlap over the face really gives him the look of a creature you'd find in some isolated backwoods farm owned by people who might not be the type you'd want to have dinner with. Good job and congrats on pulling off the last minute submission successfully!

·
Clean "cut"
27,468 Posts
He is truly a Gnarly fellow. Love the teeth and eye. Glad you got it entered

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I know it's pretty cliché but my haunted pumpkin patch display needed a scarecrow and with half a day to work with I figured why not.

·
H.B.I.C.
9,101 Posts
Nice creep factor! Yep, I like the face too.

·
Muddled Moderator
28,242 Posts
You deserve votes just for fastest build. Good looking scarecrow.

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
The-Hog-Flu I loved your scarecrow!! I have wanted to create one for awhile now and yours is pretty much just what I think of when I think of a creepy perfect scarecrow Great job!! :D :D :eek:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts