Haunt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
allright everyone - this thread is going to show some behind the scenes photos and the progress of some of the makings of my haunt this year - hopefully youll enjoy following along and for some this might be the jump start they need to get out there and start workin on stuff - - this will be somewhat of a teaser - not the best pics - no haunt lighting - no reveal of what the scares in the rooms will be - but it should be enough to keep you interested

this haunt is going to be located at my towns park under a pavilion - its a public place so its in use now and i wont have it until the 16 of sept - not a whole lot of time before opening night of OCT 5 - so what im doing is completeing the walls and painting a room at a time in my backyard so that all is left to do is prop placement and lighting when i finally set up - my yard isn't the most level to say the least, so if something looks really crooked dont be alarmed - it will be straight when im putting it up for good

this is some progress of the library/study room - still some detail painting to get done and placement of TONS of old books/skulls/webbing/lighting ect

more to come...

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ha - yeah - thats gonna be part of a prop - gonna make a guy slumped over the desk so that the people dont know whether or not hes real to divert them from the real scare coming from the **** ******......

thanks fyf - the walls are just painted to look like that with latex paints - did a few different things - some dry brushing then some washing - hope it will look good under the lights

riley

·
Registered
206 Posts
Wow, that looks brilliant!
Be sure to keep us updated as you go along.
Give us a hint of what you might have in there... Go on...

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Nice Name
Walls should turn out good in the lighting.
Can't wait to see pics of the real thing.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks for the compliments and interest everyone - as far as storage..well hhh i think thats the million dollar question - haha - right now the living room you see in the pics is still assempbled - starting to add the room right next to it on now - after this room is done i will break both down - label the panels - and probably stack them in my yard on some wood pieces to keep moisture away and put a tarp over them - my yard is gonna look like a junkyard from now till sept 16 but mehhh - its only less than 2 months haha - neighbors can get over it right? then after the season - hopefully ill make enough money to rent a storage unit(s) to put all the crap in - - - the work load is incredible - but its defnitely a labor of love

this weekend i build the mechenism for a drop down prop from the cieling - still have to make the "creature" or whatever that the guests will see but the armature is custom - havent seen anything EXACTLY like it - it was inspired by a few different pro props from the net but not exactly.....i guess i should prolly post that in another thread

stay tuned for a new thread about that prop and the new room for this thread...the chappell

riley

·
Registered
195 Posts
OH YEAH! That's going to be great. This year will be my first haunt, and I'm happy to find a forum like this. It makes me feel better about getting started so early. My wife thinks I'm going looney, but I've wanted to do a haunt ever since I moved out on my own. Thanks for the inspiration.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
some slow but sure progress on the chappell

cutting with a jigsaw blade at 45 degrees is a real pain int he ass - glad i did though - i think the bevel really adds to it....gonna be another small window off to the left to keep it symetrical....more to come...

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
thanks -

well i wasn't gonna post this since my buddy buggybuilder posted his and i didn't want to look like i was coppying haha - but since you asked....

i wrote this up a few weeks ago - its a rough draft of the backstory that will be posted on my myspace page..also like buggybuilder (great minds think alike maybe??)

They say every family has its secrets, every family has something to hide. Skeletons are kept in the closet and taken to the grave. Dirt gets swept under the rug and forgotten about, as if it never happened. But sometimes these secrets don’t want to be forgotten. Blood sinks deep into floorboards, staining it with an unmistakable reddish brown hue. The smell of decaying flesh seeps deep into the walls, permeating from room to room. A chill in the air that sends shivers down spines cant be extinguished by even the warmest summer breeze. Death dwells in this place.

Cletus Williams was once a respected undertaker. From rags to riches, Cletus flourished in this small town and provided more than enough for his growing family. But it wasn’t enough for him. Cletus wanted more money. Greed had taken over him. First it started out with minor acts such as slipping off a few pieces of jewelry here and there, maybe a gold tooth every week or so. Then he got sloppy with his work. Not treating the bodies with proper chemicals or procedures, brutally breaking legs and chopping off feet to stuff the bodies in smaller and cheaper caskets. And if Cletus would have stopped there he just might have gotten away with it, just might have been able to sweep the dirt under the rug. But something else was festering inside him. A darkness never before seen in this town. This evil grew within him, slowly eating his guilt and conscience until it allowed his greed to take control, spurring him on to commit countless acts of savage murder all in the name of acquiring more bodies. But before long the money meant nothing to him, it was simply the joy of ripping flesh from bone that he indulged himself with. A joy that consumed him and made him into a monster. And then he disappeared, never seen, never heard from again, but not before his body count rose to 37, including his wife and 4 little children.

Where had this killer gone? Why and how did he vanish so abruptly, leaving more than enough incriminating evidence to lock him up for an eternity? To this day no one knows. The house that once was called home by Cletus is known to be haunted by the tortured souls that were slaughtered within. But yet it is still standing. Only recently has the borough of Shippensburg investigated and decided that the house should be torn down to its foundation. However, a strange and unexplained string of mishaps has caused some concern. Whispers of the old legend of Cletus Williams can be heard passing from person to person. Some say they’ve seen lights on in the house. Others have noticed a distinct smell of rotting flesh when the cold, night air swirls about. Some are even bold enough to claim seeing what looks to be a man dragging a large bag into the house. Some say it is Cletus himself back from the dead trying to claim more bodies to feed his ever growing hunger. Others think it is just creative minds trying to keep alive an old story. Whatever the case may be, this October you’re invited to see for yourself what secrets these crumbling walls hold. Will there simply be stains from previous murders that tell the gruesome tale, or will the blood be fresh, the screams be more than echoes of the past. Will the horrors that once plagued this house simply be shadows and dust, or will the evil be….REBORN.

Come see for yourself as you journey through UNDERTAKINGS: EVIL REBORN.

so basically the first 5-6 rooms will be like a house setting - then they will come across a "hidden path" that leads them in the basement and passageways seeing all the grousome stuff cletus has done

this story isn't final yet - thats why i didn't post it up on myspace yet so im sure there are some errors - comments and criticisms are welcomed :)

riley

1 - 20 of 150 Posts