Haunt Forum banner
41 - 60 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Excellent work! You amaze me with the detail. The dark greenish grey fits perfectly. Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
thanks everyone for a great response - glad you all like how its coming along - good call about the remodeling jim - i was at a friends house yesterday corpsin a little and i scored a crapper! he had just redone his bathroom and is prolly gonna get rid of it - said hed check with his roomate to make sure there gettin rid of it but said i could prolly have it - now if i can just find 2 identacle sinks....

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Love yer mildew dude! That mouldering look looks just like what my supervisor did throughout the "hospital" wing at SiloX, and he's been detailing pro haunts for more than 10 years. You have a great gift for scenics... please keep posting pics!

BTW, is your bathroom tile that paper pressboard stuff? That's what we used... it's cheap but looks totally real when you paint it (especially with some nice layers of nasty SCUM heheheh)!

You should look into some Sinister Scents... they have a nice mildew smell that would go good with the bathroom (and a lot of places) in your haunt, and if you're going the Nasty Crapper route in the bathroom they have a new stench called "Just Bad" which is exactly that. They're using it in the bathrooms at Silo and The Darkness and it is just plain... well, Bad. Good for a quick gross-out.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
thanks for the great compliment rev! i really do love the detailing aspect of haunts - first off just cause i want the atmosphere to look as real and dynamic as possible and also cause not many do it very extensively, so if i cant have the 10K props around every corner maybe ill be memorable because of my detail - i dunno - well see - -- however it can get me in trouble - id like to spend another week on just the bathroom but i know i have to spread my work out so i actually have a haunted house and not just a haunted bathroom - haha

yep - that tile board stuff is really great - before i yucked up the bathroom it actually looked almost as nice as my real bathroom! haha

funny you mention about sinister scents - i was just gonna post about this - has any other pro haunts or haunts that are open for a long time used this? i guess what im sayin is how long does a bag last for - if a small bag will cover a room for the season i will def get a few different scents for throughout, but if it will only last a weekend ill prolly have to pass - - - and reviews by you pros out there?? - riley

·
Registered
286 Posts
Man, that is some great work! I wish I could come to your show! Gonna be awesome! I think people will pay close attention to the detail, making a scare easy! At least at first, then they will be on edge!

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
well right now its just assembled in my backyard - soon to be moved up to the pavilion - after the season, im hoping to have made enough money on top of the costs to get a storage unit - or several - it all breaks down nicely into panels - that another reason why this is so time consuming - its still gona be a LOT to store though unfortunately :(

·
Registered
353 Posts
1031, Just ordered some smells from Sinister Scents will let you know how they work after a sample run.!! Looking good!!!:D

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Hey Riley -- I notice you bought the other 2 foggers from Vlad -- you planning on putting some sinister scents mildew juice in those babies? From the looks of your bathroom and hallways, I think it'd go good!

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
thanks! sorry for the lack of updates everyone - things are just so hectic and crazy that i didn't get a chance to snap too many pics - there should be some new ones coming up soon

dave - ahah - if by those elves you mean me :) then yes, were hard at work - finished up my bottomless pit - its 4x8 and 3.5 feet tall - there is a rickety old bridge that takes the guests up and over it so it looks like they could fall to their death any time :) still need to tweak the lighting since im not crazy about the traditional "lightbulb down the wall" look - playin around with some different ideas so well see - a few people i had on it were basically terrified though since hey are afraid of heights - even though they new it was just 3.5 feet down - haha - so that looks promising

working on wall pannels out my ass - got a new framing nail gun to help me with that - (ps. if anyone wants to feel really badass for a little bit go get one and shoot some 3.5 inch nails into a 2x4 :))

finished up a bout 4 props - 2 static and 2 animated - no show pieces - just some filler stuff that i needed - one is the guy sitting at the desk in the library - the other static is a priest or someone in the church that is hung up crucifixion style with one of my ripped up faces - theres some bible verses scrathed on the wall will blood such as the plasms 137 about dashing infants agaisnt the rocks ans stuff that when taken out of context can seem pretty twisted

the two pneumatics are just single motion - one is a twitch witch based off of terrorsyndicates design and the other is one that comes around a corner... proly switching to a new location at the town fairgrounds - more space and better parking - so i have to seal up the deal on that today - working on advertisement right now - actually - heres a begining pic - what you all think? im still debating about it and doing some more work
obviously needs the info and stuff too

hah - yeah - i picked up those other two foggers rev - not sure how much outpull theyl have so im not exactly sure what ill do with em - but i know the boiler room needs one for sure and i already got a place for my other 4-5 so im sure they will come in handy - not sure about the sinister scents - im gonne be runnin like 17 nights and i dont want to have to buy a crapload - anyone have any flield testing with the fog mix??

more to come guys - thanks for the interest - riley
as far as the molding - thats just a pool noodle ripped into 4 quarters on the table saw - basically making it into quarter round - it really is great to work with - and when painted up it looks solid - on the other side of the room - not pictured if i remeber i have it just ripped in half to give it more of a coping type feel

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
this was a fun little afternoon project that turned out decent - will go in the torture room - weldin all that rusty steel was a lot of work! ;)

actually now that i see it under lighting instead of all the shadows that was outside while painting - i think it needs some touch up done to it tomarrow - anyway - home you like it, and it was SUPER simple if anyone wants a little addition to a torture type room

riley

41 - 60 of 150 Posts