Haunt Forum banner

What Should Be The Fate Of The Movie Picture Games?

• Keep going as we have been. everyone deserves a turn!

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • Let Sinister do it all. He knows this stuff. We'll see what he comes up with to stump us all.

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Stop the thing altogether, it's dumb and takes up forum space.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Picture games? What picture games?

• I have no opinion one way or the other.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It occurs to me that people like playing these games, sadly, when it comes time to post a pix, folks tend to get a little gun shy. Well, worry no more! We have a new poll at Unpleasant Street and it concerns the future of said games. Since everyone thinks I'm some sort of Grand Poobah where flicks are concerned, I feel that it's only right I post this since I do the majority of these. This poll will be up for a week, so get in and cast your votes if you're gonna. After that time we'll go with the decision of which category gets the highest vote.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Eventually, because of these games, I have to as well. Like I said, I'm leaving this poll up for a week. Until all the votes are tallied, I'll continue to post the pix unless Zombie sez otherwise. I probably won't vote, as it's my ass out there busting it for you guys with pix and quotes and I could go one way or the other, it matters not. :D

14,925 Posts
kryptonoff said:
Im Not Guessing A Quote Or A Picture And Sitting On My Ass For A Month!! Can You Hear Me Now!!!! GEEZ THATS ANnOYING WHEN SOMONE READs HALF A POST AND ASSUMES SOMTHING STUPID
Ouch!
Have you been into your Halloween candy? lol

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Everybody play nice now! :D

The pix are the only things to guess at here. The "Quotes" are captions that aren't even associated with the movie. I just love coming up with funny **** that may be what was said, but unlikely. Got the idea from Cracked magazine a looooooong time ago. Me and Spaulding have been doing it for years. Just decided to carry over a good thing here. Thought you guys might get a kick out of it too. The old board I had something similar going on and I think people got a chuckle or two out of it.

Good to have you and Jeff in here, Krypt. Hope DS sticks around too. Now, if Doc, Hibla, Tipo and others who have participated in the past will get into the game...

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Ok guys, please stop the bickering. It can lead to no good.

As far as the picture game goes, I have no problem with Sinister running it. He is right, a lot of the time a person will guess the right answer and then not post a picture themself, which leads to the end of the game. I too am guilty of that because I play when I feel like it and sometimes forget to post a new game or lose track of the thread and never reveal the answer to a picture I did post.

Of course, everyone should deserve a turn. Perhaps an alternative solution would be to designate Sinister as the thread's "Life guard". If someone guesses right and then doesn't post a picture or even posts a picture but never reveals the answer, Sinister could swoop down from on high and rescue the thread from impending doom. :D

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I concur; but I wouldn't want Sin-Ken to wait more than twenty-four hours before doing the lifeguard thing ("hep me, hep me - I'm drowning!"), as that gives anyone plenty of time to post a photo. If anyone (including me) forgets to post right away, and someone notices, just offer a reminder.

If you don't think you have time to post a photo, and follow its progress, then do as I do: just don't guess the previous one to win.

I wouldn't bar anyone from posting, though - that can only lead to a police state, and nobody needs that!

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
while I am clueless sometimes as to what picture is being displayed, I look at that thread everytime I am here to see if it is one I know...I like that everyone gets a chance to guess at it and then post a new one to try and stump people, but agree that when you are "in charge" you have to be able to stay on top of what is going on in the thread. I think the Idea posted that Sinister be a life guard of the thread (I like that term..) is a good one.
just my .02 here, ymmv ;)

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
I'd love to participate, and I too usually just "Lurk" on that thread..The only reason I don't post, is that it's kind of a bitch to uplaod a picture from my computer to my server, then upload it to the thread..color me lazy, but resizing and ****....Jeez, there are easier games to play. Maybe if I get a good collection going, have them all ready, all at once, and dispense them as the game progresses, I might get into it.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Whether or not I guess at a movie picture, I'm always checking the thread. ;) And I like the lifeguard idea. It gives everyone else a chance, but keeps the thread from dying if someone loses interest.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
With my recent string of misfortunes, I have forgotten about this thread. Have no fear, I have returned to it. I also think we should be going the way we have and I accept the responsibility to keep it going should someone disappear without continuing the thread. See you sucka's back on the picture games! :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts