Haunt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some pics of the new facade. It is around 25 feet long and about 13 feet high. It still needs alot of detailing but since I am an amature haunter, I am fairly pleased with the outcome. I still need to put the shadow lines on the siding. Suggestions are welcome. Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Wow that looks great! It's disorienting at first glance. Thats really gonna set the mood and set the standard right off the bat when your guests first arrive.

It looks like you have a little porch there. Now I know you're gonna have something goin on there, right?

·
Registered
10,900 Posts
Looks really good! If that's amateur, I can't wait to see your experienced work! :)

I saw that cat at Halloween Express just over the weekend... all the ones they had there
had at least one broken leg. :(

·
Registered
83 Posts
Awesome!!.. but as you know when its good, youre gonna have questions

So here are mine

Is that paneling on the outside that you have doubling as clapboard?

How many hours have gone into this?

How much money appx did it cost to construct?

What are you using for a tent inside? (specs)

How many days do you have the haunt running?

How many people do you have working it?

Sorry for all the questions..

Again, great work

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the compliments!

I will try and answer a few questions. The facade is made with 4x8 sheets of luan and framed with 2x4s. Basically, they are all wall panels. I am a contractor with contractor friends:D so it took about 1/2 a day to assemble it.

The painting process starts by painting the entire facade black then taping off the siding lines. The faux painting portion took me and a friend about 3 hours to do. You have to move very quickly or the paint will dry.

There are no tents. The walls inside are a combination of panels built w/ luan and 2x4 framing and tarps. This is built for a large neighborhood party we have and for TOTers. Each year it gets a little bit bigger and this build should be able to carry us through the next few years since it will easily disasemble and store in a shed.

As far as cost goes, it is around $20 per panel and I have 20 panels for the facade and interior.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
A home haunter you may be, but I don't think I'd say amateur at this point! That looks great. Professional-looking facade. A lot of pro haunts look nowhere near as good on the outside; that's really going the extra mile.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.