Haunt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I dont start to many threads with my progress and updates this will be the thread I update.

Todays progress.

A co-worker of mine is building this for me, I made the design and all the proportions based on pictures I have seen. It is 1/2 inch birch plywood.
23wx25Hx15D

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

There is a pic of my cam concept. I needed the ability to drive many objects off a fairly long shaft that has cams on it. instead of using seperate cams for each lifted object I choose to make a few longer cams that can each lift several objects. Of course the final one wont be held together with duct tape. I just used that to honor Vlad:D

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Organ build done. We made a few proportional changes. I am very happy with the design. Any ideas on how I should treat the end grain of the plywood so that when I paint it I dont see the layers? Im thinking just use putty and a sander. Probably going to sand the whole thing, then primer it and then paint it flat black with latex house paint, then the detail painting will go in a bone white color, followed by very shiny polyuretane.

Here was the image we used to get the proportions right

·
Ghost Maker
2,931 Posts
Now I was told growing up that I only needed 2 tools; duct tape and WD-40. If it isn't moving and its supposed to use the WD-40, if it moves and it isn't supposed to then use the duct tape. Since Zombie didn't allow animation, I guess we should have built our tombstones out of duct tape.

As long as you're painting a solid color, plastic wood followed by sanding should work. Maybe 2 rounds of applying / sanding. Looking great there krough. Can I have a t-shirt?

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
heresjohnny said:
Now I was told growing up that I only needed 2 tools; duct tape and WD-40. If it isn't moving and its supposed to use the WD-40, if it moves and it isn't supposed to then use the duct tape. Since Zombie didn't allow animation, I guess we should have built our tombstones out of duct tape.

As long as you're painting a solid color, plastic wood followed by sanding should work. Maybe 2 rounds of applying / sanding. Looking great there krough. Can I have a t-shirt?
Whats Plastic Wood?

1 - 20 of 93 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.