Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I dont start to many threads with my progress and updates this will be the thread I update.

Todays progress.

A co-worker of mine is building this for me, I made the design and all the proportions based on pictures I have seen. It is 1/2 inch birch plywood.
23wx25Hx15D

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

The Organ is almost done. The builder says he will bring it to me tomorrow. I will probably paint it this weekend. Its going to be very shiny black laquer. With bone white detail painting.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dr Morbius said:
What goes in the opening?
Hmm, Well... if you look at most barrel organs you will see small pipes, and or small figurines, that were even sometimes automata. Ill just leave it at that.:D

Its gonna be cool

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

There is a pic of my cam concept. I needed the ability to drive many objects off a fairly long shaft that has cams on it. instead of using seperate cams for each lifted object I choose to make a few longer cams that can each lift several objects. Of course the final one wont be held together with duct tape. I just used that to honor Vlad:D

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Organ build done. We made a few proportional changes. I am very happy with the design. Any ideas on how I should treat the end grain of the plywood so that when I paint it I dont see the layers? Im thinking just use putty and a sander. Probably going to sand the whole thing, then primer it and then paint it flat black with latex house paint, then the detail painting will go in a bone white color, followed by very shiny polyuretane.

Here was the image we used to get the proportions right

·
Ghost Maker
3,014 Posts
Now I was told growing up that I only needed 2 tools; duct tape and WD-40. If it isn't moving and its supposed to use the WD-40, if it moves and it isn't supposed to then use the duct tape. Since Zombie didn't allow animation, I guess we should have built our tombstones out of duct tape.

As long as you're painting a solid color, plastic wood followed by sanding should work. Maybe 2 rounds of applying / sanding. Looking great there krough. Can I have a t-shirt?

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
heresjohnny said:
Now I was told growing up that I only needed 2 tools; duct tape and WD-40. If it isn't moving and its supposed to use the WD-40, if it moves and it isn't supposed to then use the duct tape. Since Zombie didn't allow animation, I guess we should have built our tombstones out of duct tape.

As long as you're painting a solid color, plastic wood followed by sanding should work. Maybe 2 rounds of applying / sanding. Looking great there krough. Can I have a t-shirt?
Whats Plastic Wood?

1 - 20 of 93 Posts