Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It had to come sometime on this board and now here it is. Brandon Routh following in the tradition of Christopher Reeve with Superman Returns. To kick off the inaugral debut of this thread, I have a teaser trailer for you guys to sit back and enjoy (or not, I'm divided myself, but will adopt a "wait-and-see" attitude about the whole thing):

http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=4666

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I just can't buy this guy as Superman.

And that suit looks like poop.:mad:

That said, I still have faith in Bryan singer, and will be in line to see the movie when it opens.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
And what is this crap that Lois has a kid?:eek: :googly: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Perhaps Perry White gave her an exclusive interview that included a bottle of champagne, Luther Vandross on the stereo, a roaring fire and a King-Size water bed with satin sheets...

·
Registered
273 Posts
I'd buy Lois having a kid, seeing as how Supes has disappeared for a number of years. I still hate the suit, though. Even more than the Spidey suit.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dr Morbius said:
Hey, at least he's not Nicholas Cage!
Yes, Doc, something could definitely be said for that! :D

I remember watching A Night With Kevin Smith back when they wanted Silent Bob to helm the project, some dumbass producer, I forget who, wanted Sean Penn to be the Man of Steel! Huh? He isn't Superman any more than Cage is. I'm taking nothing from Penn's acting abilities (although he'll always be Jeff Spicolli to me.) but he would make a very lame Superman. This dumbass producer also wanted him to be sans cape and not be able to fly? What? That's part of his mythos! Get tha **** outta heah, ya prick ya!

I wish they would have let Smith direct it. He wanted to do The Death of Supeman storyline. We would have seen Doomsday and Darkseid, but instead, we're ****ing getting Lex Luthor--AGAIN! :rolleyes: He does have other villains people, and Bryan Singer above all should know this. It's Hollywood; what are you gonna do? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
GAH!
The movie Spidey suit, like everything else about the movie Spidey, eats it.:devil:

I also can understand Lois thinking Clark is never coming back, and moving on and all, but I really think this is gonna put a damper on their relationship in future films. How the hell do they explain this to Lois's kid?
"Sorry Johnny, but your step-dad is really Superman, and he needs to fly away and kick Bizzaro's ass now. Get used to it kid.":p
I just don't like putting kids in films. They usually just get in the way, and are a source of really bad comedy.

Kevin Smith's take on the Superman film is really, really terrifying:zombie:
That the conversation with that producer could go ANYTHING like he says, proves Hollywood just has no clue. Polar Bears? WTF?? :confused:

But, yes, it could be worse, it could be Nic Cage. Anybody seen that promo for Ghost Rider yet?

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
RAXL said:
GAH! The movie Spidey suit, like everything else about the movie Spidey, eats it.:devil:
I'm sorry but I thought the movies were good and the second one had some great acting.

As for Superman I know nothing but always thought he seemed too good... he can fly, run fast and his only real weakness is Kryptonite...

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Since this is getting a tad off topic, I must ask either Raxl or Pete: What's wrong with Spider-Man's movie suit? It looks almost identical to the one in the comics? :confused: Tobey MacGuire is the spitting image of Peter Parker. I have an issue with their lack of continuity, and how they ****ed up the Green Goblin's costume but you can't have everything the way you want, right? However, I think Raimi got the Human Spider's costume to the thread.

Batman's costume in the movie looks nothing like the comic books, if there's anyone you should have a problem with them not getting it right, it's the folks who have handled the Bat. His costume is blue and gray, not solid black. :googly:

·
Registered
273 Posts
Overall, I had very few problems with the Spidey flicks. But the suit is definitely one of them.

Peter Parker is a dirt poor undergrad. He had to sew together a suit made out of the cheapest materials he could find. He didn't buy flashy, silken looking material and pour line after line of rubber webbing over the top of it. I understand that Hollywood has to make everything look flashy and cool, no matter what, but when something is integral to a character's origin -- like the suit -- it should be true to the source material.

Don't even get me started on the effing web-shooters.:rolleyes:

What kills me about the Bat is that his suit in the comics SHOULD look like the one in the movies. Kevlar body armor does not resemble spandex. Granted, it doesn't resemble rubber either, but the rubber could be coating the outside of the armor. The fact that the Bat has been wearing spandex all these years in the comics is kind of silly. The dude gets shot all the time. You'd think he would wise up and cover his ****.

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
Pete said:
Overall, I had very few problems with the Spidey flicks. But the suit is definitely one of them.

Peter Parker is a dirt poor undergrad. He had to sew together a suit made out of the cheapest materials he could find. He didn't buy flashy, silken looking material and pour line after line of rubber webbing over the top of it. I understand that Hollywood has to make everything look flashy and cool, no matter what, but when something is integral to a character's origin -- like the suit -- it should be true to the source material.

Don't even get me started on the effing web-shooters.:rolleyes:
What did Parker use to make his costume in the comics? IF it looks like the movie one, then there's no complaint. I agree with web shooters..WTF? out of his wrist skin?

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Peter parker is something of an egghead as well. If he wanted i.e. the Spidey threads, bad enough, I'm sure he could have found a way to whip something up. :D

I also had a problem with the organic web-shooters, but that little indiscrepency in no way made me not enjoy the film. It was that Goblin costume that ruined things if anything did.

As for Batman, I really don't care if he's in rubber, kevlar or spandex. Bruce Wayne's alter-ego is still alive and kicking ass and I can buy his not taking precautions to evade bullets and the like as easily as I can a dude whose skeleton is laced with adamantium with razor claws and a wicked healing factor and another who's invulnerable to everything except a glowing rock from his birth planet and can fly. With that, we get back on topic. ;)

What is everyone's feelings about Lex Luthor being used yet again? And if you could have picked the villain who would you have chosen?

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
We could always have these Spidey answers moved to the Spidey 3 thread..:p

I think Pete summed it up pretty good. I'm MUCH more militant in my dislike of the Spidey movies, but he got the point across.
Spider Man does not swing around the city wearing a wet suit. End of story.
The webs look silly. The eyes are just not right.
The webs coming right out of him, is just silly.It takes away a real weakness that Spidey has. He could always run out of web fluid at the dramatically appropriate moment, if the writer needed him to. Now, it just blasts out from inside him. Yuck.
While Tobey Maguire may look like Peter, he looks like Peter when he's 30.
I believe it was a horrible choice to have Pete graduate high school in the first film.
With the second movie, I can't say to much, because I have not been able to make myself sit through it. I saw the bit with him delievering pizza. Horrid.
Peter is suppossed to be US. He's "everyman". He has trouble getting a date. He's gotta take care of his aunt. Not enough money for rent. And then, he's gotta go out and stop the Sinister six from taking over the world. We are suppossed to feel for Peter, not laugh at him. I think the pizza boy scene really hurt him.
On a side note this is a gripe I have with the comics too. I think Peter lost a little bit of "everyman" cred, when he married a supermodel. And joined the Avengers. And moved into Avengers Tower.:p

The Batman, on the other hand, has worn an all black suit for extended times in the comic. While I think it makes the most sense for him, I like the grey suit with black boots, cowl, gloves and trunks, myself. And the Batman Begins suit is pretty kick ass.

Getting back to uh, who was this about? Oh, yeah, Superman. ;)
Bad looking movie suit. Don't like the guy in the suit. Too ...I dunno, small. Not Superman enough.
I don't really mind having Lex as the villian again. As long as he's not played like a buffoon. Lex is the greatest criminal mind in the world. Keep him like that. Hell, I'd love if when Supes gets back to earth, he finds Lex is president of the USA. That would be huge. The thing with Lex, is that at the end of the movie, nothing can stick to him. He's gotta be able to skate away. Supes can know he's nasty, but nobody else can believe it. That can be tough to do.
For a second movie, Brainiac is a great choice. And how about Mr. Myxlpytlylk? That would be a blast! Ok, maybe not for the whole film, but for the opening? Awesome. Myxy could even make an evil Superman for him to fight. Goodbye Bizzaro #1. Not for the whole film, just for a few minutes.
Cause I don't really wanna see that guy as Bizzaro.:p For long.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I would like to really, really see Darkseid. He has that Omega Effect and it would be cool to see Supes taking on the Para-Demons from Apokalipse as well as D'Sade. I also wouldn't mind Parasite either. There are just so many possibilities to explore and the makers of the film are squandering it with Lex Luthor once again.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Yeah, but ya gotta remember, while this one is in the continuity of the first two films, for all intents and purposes, it's starting all over. I don't have a problem with them starting right out with Lex. People know who he is. It gives some kinda link to the general public. Like the playing card at the end of BATMAN BEGINS.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I kinda thought the card at the end of Batman was quite a reatch. I thought it was a good movie but Gothem just seemed a little somthing more then if did in the first movie.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts