Haunt Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
some of you all have probably already seen it, but i gotta post it again!

it isn't quite finished yet, it will have fog, sound and purple rope lighting when completed.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
That is great!
Now where in the heck do you store it?

·
Terrible Peril
2,660 Posts
Susan...thumbs up to your husband! That looks like all custom aluminum framing. Very nice! Do you have any aliens to hang out with the ship? How do you plan to display it?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
storage is a problem, lol. it used to fit in our haybarn... until we put it all together! now i am going to have to just tarp it behind the barn i think.

it is made from 2 of the 11 foot old-style (huge) satellite dishes. i got them for FREE!!! a couple of silver tarps and a can of silver spray paint later and there you have it, a UFO!

we are currently building it a landing gear, so it can sit out in front of our house to draw maximum attention. i also need to get going on making a couple of pilots for it!

·
Registered
48 Posts
My husband made me a UFO several years ago. You should get some of the strands of chasing Christmas lights. Makes it very realistic.:)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
years later... i have pics. my apologies!

this landing gear didn't work out, but the lights did!

on it's proper landing gear

there's good news and bad news.
the good news was this eventually even FLEW! >:)
the bad news? it was during a tornado, and it was destroyed, wrapped up in a tree top. RIP my U.F.O. i miss you still...

set up in my friends trail

sorry about the bump, i was looking back at my old posts and realized i'd never shared 'finished' pics of it.

·
Batty Beautiful
5,633 Posts
first, your husband made you the UFO? That's real love!

second, i wanted to give my condolances for your loss...that ufo looks so awesome as does the aliens next to it!

·
A Wee Bit Wicked....
8,670 Posts
:jol: Where else but on the haunt forum would you hear this next line? 'Your husband built you a UFO? Now that is love!' P.S. Tell him kudos, it is quite a nice piece!:D

·
Director of Ambiance
1,816 Posts
Oh man, what a shame it was destroyed in a tornado - but I think you have the sentiment right, in that it FLEW.... I'm sure it was how that UFO would have wanted to go. LOL.

Glad you have a lot of pictures to go back and google at! :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts