Haunt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 388 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Where do you suppose they came up with all the silencers? Seem like alot to me anyway.
Funny, I thought the same thing too. It took me awhile to catch on that the season opener started after they had survived the winter scavaging around.

But where would you find silencers? I cannot believe that any local gun shops would have since I think they are against the law to sell, and why would a police station have them.

Maybe it is just one of those things you have to accept, but at least it is more coherent than LOST. :jol:

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
I loved this episode, although I'm confused why husband and son hate Lori. She was told her husband was gone and then the world went to hell. She clung to Shane to protect herself and her young son. Anyway, I noticed they had silencers but didn't get a look at them. I was wondering last season why they weren't using them. You can hand make silencers from kitchen supplies. Anyone who knows guns would know how to.

·
Amateur by definition.
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
PG

Yeah. I was kinda surprised at the Lori/Rick dynamic - need to see what my daughter's take on that was. Maybe Rick's just distancing himself for harder things to come. Tanks mon for clearing up the supressor/silencer thing. Google works.

·
BRAINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4,847 Posts
I loved this episode, although I'm confused why husband and son hate Lori. She was told her husband was gone and then the world went to hell. She clung to Shane to protect herself and her young son. Anyway, I noticed they had silencers but didn't get a look at them. I was wondering last season why they weren't using them. You can hand make silencers from kitchen supplies. Anyone who knows guns would know how to.
I was so mad that Lori gave her husband a dirty look when he said he killed Shane. He was just defending himself and she knew Shane was dangerous, so I couldn't understand why she was pissed off at her husband. I was so mad the last episode, but I got over it and now I am loving the first episode of Season 3...YAY!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Another good show I don't get anymore due to the Comcast digital conversion. Everything "movie channel" was bumped up to "Digital Preferred". Grrr ...

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
I was so mad that Lori gave her husband a dirty look when he said he killed Shane. He was just defending himself and she knew Shane was dangerous, so I couldn't understand why she was pissed off at her husband. I was so mad the last episode, but I got over it and now I am loving the first episode of Season 3...YAY!
I didn't interpert it as a dirty look. I thought she looked horrified and guilt ridden. I thought the guilt was misplaced as she was told by Shane her husband had died. And Shane did nothing wrong either; had he told her the truth she would have tried to save her husband and ended up dead and probably Carl would have died too.

Shane just lost it, as most of them did, and felt he couldn't survive if Rick did. Shane just kept working himself up over and over to murder Rick over this past season. Rick knew it and kept on trying to stop him but he couldn't. Sad.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Here is a nice Walking Dead link about the shows recent viewership numbers and success.

http://social.entertainment.msn.com...spx?feat=188c9e5b-0dd2-4f2a-8c15-c9c9a68379ee

Funny how Rick's son has gone from being scared to use a gun to zombie sharpshooter. And Lori just kills me.

Last year she told Rick that "something" needed to be done about Shane because he considered Lori and Carl to be his. And chided Rick about not being a strong leader.

And then Rick kills Shane, and Lori acts like he is an evil monster. Women, I will never understand them. :devil:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Honestly, I've been sick of Lori since the beginning of last season. She played both Rick and Shane against each other, basically resulting in Shane's death.
I for one would be happy if her unborn child died, converted and ate it's way through her belly.....:)

·
Registered
515 Posts
Twenty minutes until episode 2 and I cannot wait. It takes a lot to tear me away from football. But unless the Falcons are playing, I will be tuned into zombie TV.

The previews had the gang running into some non-zombie people. It will be interesting to see if they are good, bad or somewhere in between.

The nice thing about not having read the comics, is that I truly have no idea where the show is going.

1 - 20 of 388 Posts