Haunt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To have everything up and running tonight here is southern NJ. The last three nights have been brutal:googly: .

·
Registered
306 Posts
Of all the elements that have the ability to destroy...wind IMHO is the worst for Halloween props. Two years ago it was so bad the my tombstones were being torn down every day and watching an 18' tall Jack Skellington sway in 20-30 mph winds was a cause of constant panic.(He never did fall) This year hasn't been so bad but typically in this area (Fishkill, NY)it would be crazy windy all day and dead still at night.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
You're lucky Toby. It's still windy as all get out up here in central Jersey. I guess being this close to the ocean is a downfall at times. Do me a favor and send some of that calm air up this way...we sure can use it. I'm getting really tired of chasing all this stuff down the street.

·
Registered
119 Posts
The wind isn't too bad here today.. windy but not knocking stuff over windy.

I'm hoping for a calm monday night & Tuesday night so i can run my fog machine.

·
I'm bringing sexy back
7,767 Posts
I was looking at the weather for the weekend because I still need to set up some things before Halloween and it called for windy conditions. You're right Mr. Unpleasant - the wind is the worst for props. It's hard to add any cobwebs or some finishing touches because of battling the wind. I set up a 7 foot reaper and finally had to take it down along with a few of the gravestones because they kept blowing away.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts