Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since Z, started a "Best" I will start a "Worst." Mine was a SWAT Team member. I had to improvise a costume to go along with the cheap plastic mask from a dime store. To say it was terrible was understating it by quite a little bit. My mom picked it up, because I kept harranguing her for a Halloween costume. If I'd known what she was going to drag home, I would have stayed in that year. :D She knew I would choose something horrific, so she beat me to the punch, before I could scrounge up some devilish get-up. With all that information at your disposal, aren't you all wondering how come I wasn't subject to many, many years under a psychiatrist strict care when I reached adulthood? I know I do. :D

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
My worst was also something that should have been my favorite. Back in (I think) '96 or '97 Don Post released a mask of the Star Wars character Greedo. It really was a great mask, and I bought it for Halloween. I even bought one of those cheesy orange Star Wars blaster pistols (that I painted black) to go with it so the costume was "complete."

So, the mask rocked except for one HUGE problem -- when you had it on, your breath fogged up the lenses that you had to see out of, making it impossible to wear it and walk around because you bumped into things. I couldn't wear the thing for more than a few seconds at a time, so I just gave up on it an hour or so into the night. It was a good mask that made for a bad costume.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Omg! My worst costume? Honestly, I am almost to embarrassed to mention it, but I will tell you all what it was the worst of all. When I was about five years old I remember so clear. My mother forgot to buy a costume and I had no costume for the School Halloween party. So she dressed me up as a Glad garbage bag. She used a plastic bag, and crumpled paper balls, and filled me up. I was so embarrassed and I went to the school party and that's all I remember.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I would have to say that my worst halloween costume was a hobo when i was about 6 years old.I hated it.After my mom dressed me up and everything, I started crying.She put me in my dad's old work clothes and giant sneakers, and put black eyeshadow on my face to look like dirt. That was the most embarassing halloween of my life.The second worst costume was a ballerina barbie when i was 5.

·
Master of Scaremonies
12,932 Posts
It wasn't mine, but my wife's..........she must have been 4 or 5 years old. Her parents dressed her in a giant appliance cardboard box, put a clown mask on her, and then stuck Chrismtas present bows all over her. She was supposed to be a "present".......I tell her she just looked insanely bizarre. :jol:

·
Registered
797 Posts
I went through this "combining" costumes phase... During the period of transition from my standard black cat costume to a new grim reaper costume, I decided to use elements from both (i.e., grim reaper robe and sickle, cat ears and tail and facepaint). When I was six, it seemed kinda clever. My mom totally went along with it, too, which was amazingly understanding of her.

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
Besides the plastic store bought ones I had as a kid (with the plastic mask and string around the back...really stank by the end of the night...hmm), I was in 6th grade and had no costume, so I got an old blue rain coat and some purple eyeshadow from my mom and smeared it all over my face, trying to look like Igor, and stuffed the hunchback with a pillow..gawd awful, and not in a good way. I looked like a stupid blueberry.

·
DeceptiProp
5,851 Posts
My friend came up with a two headed robot costume made from a cardboard box. There were holes in the front of the box to look like a cotrol panel. He would pass a flashlight behind it so that the panel would light up. It had tacky foil all over. Now guess who the 2nd head was. Yep, I got talked into being the 2nd head. Worse costome by far. It was worse when one of us had to use the bathroom. Maybe that is why is was called a two headed robot. Never again.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
The worst costume I ever had... by that I mean least creative was me, my Hawian Shirt and a sweter which I then stuffed up said shirt. I went as a pregenet person. I enjoyed it but it wasn't creative... a weird one was the pic I posted here last year.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
I think my worst one was the year I deviated from my usual stuff like the dungeon mistress or a vampire sorceress, I was Princess Diana..this was just after she married Charles, my mother thought it would be a great idea....oh that costume was so not me..lol I think I wanted to go even more dark the next year just to redeem myself...lol

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
my worst costume ever was when my mom brought a costume make-up set from k-mart at the last minute, it had bulgey eyes that were worn by putting them up to your eyesockets and squinting to hold them in place, cheap-o-vampire teeth,plastic vulcan ears and other assorted oddities... I was a vampire hobo ghost with a groucho nose and vulcan ears. when asked what I was..... I had no answer, I had no clue...it was horrible. must have looked something like this..

my buddy had a bad costume one year. He wore a white stocking cap with a length of clothesline tied to the top, a white sweatshirt, and red sweatpants.......

he was a giant used tampon. :D

·
Registered
253 Posts
When I was 13, I liked this chick in my neighborhood. She was going to dress as a CONVICT. Well, she thought that we would go dressed as CONVICTS , it was HER idea and then she doesn't wear the costume to the Halloween Dance. WTF? It was a horrible costume and I only wore it because I liked this girl. Damn, women!!!
They always change their minds at the last minute.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I think the worst I had one year is when my parents couldn't affor a new costume since I had outgrown the one I had used the previous 2 years. So all i had to wear was one of the masks from a previous year with jeans and a t-shirt. It was tacky, but I got my candy anyways...lol.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Kooky Spooks. Remember those? I remember my inflate-a-head came off in the wind and I had to run three blocks to catch it. (I have to admit, I thought it was the coolest, it's in looking back I realize how stupid it was! I was six I think)

·
Registered
723 Posts
My worst costume EVER was being wrapped up in a big black trash bag with "Hershey" written in tape on the side. Loads of news paper was wadded up and dropped inside the bag to fill it out.

I was a Hershey's Kiss!

·
In Remembrance
7,646 Posts
When I was ten or eleven I did a pumpkin headed scarecrow. Mind you the costume looked ok, but stop and think about how big a pumpkin you need to get your head inside of and then how much this thing weights. Next in order to have it light up you needed a small light ( no chem stiks then) and then the echo in there. I made it for about an hour before I started carrying it and putting it back on before going up to the door. Sore neck and a headach and amazingly I still liked pumpkins afterwords. So If somebody askes you to wear a pumpkin on your head, just say no.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts