Haunt Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We stay up pretty late working on props in the front yard.

I think one of the kids waiting for the bus took one of our tombstones.

The wind does not remove metal stakes planted over 12 inches in the ground. or a lantern.

I'm going to wait in my front yard and watch all the kids come home from school. if I see someone carrying a tombstone I'm taking a picture and telling their parents and the police.

Next year I'm buying closed circuit TV cameras from harbor freight.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
That sucks, shaun. I would much rather lose something to wind then have it stolen.

All I can say is, "sorry".

·
Registered
150 Posts

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
that just sucks... big time!!

I am glad i've never had that problem,but cameras good idea even if they are fake and visible they'll think twice.

Luckily my tombstones are rocks so if they want a rock let them, i have more.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I had some gravestones get stolen last year so now I only have 4 in my yard. I bought some foam to make more, but just haven't had time yet.

I made a fence to go around my yard this year, but it would have been cheaper to just make more gravestones each year.

We feel for ya man. Let us know if you catch him or her.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Shaun...I know how frustrating that must be. We're with you in spirit BUT DON'T LET THIS EAT AT YOU. How stupid were you when you were a kid? I was a raving idiot. It's nothing personal. NOT to say that you shouldn't be upset. Just don't let it spoil the whole thing for you. When you haunt this isn't a matter of if but rather of when. Keep us posted!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thank god that Koumajutsu is mega retentive and decided to give the lantern "a quick seal" on the bottom, turns out the lantern was in my garage whree we've been building props, under a blucky lol...

Whew! ok so I have the lantern but the stone is still gone next year the cemetery will be fenced completely and they'll have to hurt themselves to steal one... at least I will know who they are when they sue me lol

·
Registered
185 Posts
That's one of the reasons I've been using my garage as the primary haunt. I can close the garage door if I want to keep peeps out. I put out the tombstones everyday and bring them back in at night. It also helps to build the antici.............pation :rolleyes: for the big night.

·
Registered
763 Posts
We've had theft and vandalism for the past few years so now the haunt is set up as a walk thru under the carports. I set the cemetary in the front yard, the other decorations out front are inexpensive stuff and things I don't plan on using next year. I wired the bluckys in place due to wind and previous theft problems, so if anyone plans on taking them, the better bring wire cutters!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts