Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a cute story.

We are wayyy behind, so none of our haunt is up yet.

This year we have new neighbors across the street. They seem like a cool couple, actually they seem pretty similar to me and the lil'lady. We went over and introduced ourselves as good neighbors should. We got into a conversation and they mentioned they go 'All Out!' for Halloween. I've learned over the years that 'All Out!' from a civilian has a different meaning than 'all out' from a grizzled ol' haunter. As a result, I don't go into too much of a description of our own haunt. I don't want to be taken as a halloween fancypants or showoff. They then spent the day haning cobwebs, cutouts, lights and even a pretty cool newspaper stuffed dummy hanging from a noose.

I said it is very cool to have another Halloween fan on the street. We told them to make sure they get candy for about 300 people. They met me with a shocked look and asked why are there so many trick or treaters in this area?!? :D

I smiled and I said we decorate too!!

I think it is easy to get caught in the details and forget about the big picture. When I saw our neighbors realize that 'for some reason' hundreds of people will fill our street during the night, I was reminded how far we have come from our first year with 6 ToT's.

:jol:

·
Registered
74 Posts
300, nice!

We only had about 30 last year, hoping that will increase this year, but not that much. I only bought candy for 100.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
They will watch in awe as you put your display up, and next year may well get into it a lot more. Be sure to turn them on to the forum.
I wish other people on our street would decorate even a little. A couple others do some colored lights and window cut outs but that's about it.:(

·
Registered
214 Posts
Ditto what Jdubbya said :D

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
300, nice!

We only had about 30 last year, hoping that will increase this year, but not that much. I only bought candy for 100.
We steadily grew over the last 5 years, especially when a little birdy *wink* tips off the local paper every year :D .

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They will watch in awe as you put your display up, and next year may well get into it a lot more. Be sure to turn them on to the forum.
I wish other people on our street would decorate even a little. A couple others do some colored lights and window cut outs but that's about it.:(
Exactly! I really hope I can influence them to get into haunting. They seem like very cool people. If I have not scared them off with my crazyness by the end of the season I'll give them a couple of our retired props.

:jol:

·
I'm bringing sexy back
7,769 Posts
Great story SkullAndBone. It's nice to have neighbors that share in the celebration of Halloween and I hope they get caught up in the day too and realize that having a lot of TOTs is great like we all do.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Great story - thanks for sharing it.

The haunted garage down the street is beginning to take shape... and the kids have a half day off school - so the 10 year old told his friends he can't play because he's painting tombstones!

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Great story Skull. My neighbors get more and more in to it as the years go by. One of my nieghbors started decorating Sept 1. She told me, " mine may not be as big as yours, but my stuff was out first." Great to get the community involved.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Shame on you for lying to them S&B. That was 300 LAST year, it's bound to be more this year, lol.
Ack, you just got me thinking Vlad.
When I went to lunch, I saw a flyer for a "1st Annual Downtown Halloween Carnival" for the kids on Halloween night. The thing is, the Carnival is only 4 blocks away. If word gets out it could be a very big night...

·
Registered
214 Posts
Ack, you just got me thinking Vlad.
When I went to lunch, I saw a flyer for a "1st Annual Downtown Halloween Carnival" for the kids on Halloween night. The thing is, the Carnival is only 4 blocks away. If word gets out it could be a very big night...
is it just me or is halloween bigger this year in genneral?

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
man, your neighbors are gonna freak when you set up! :D

BTW Nice Site and Pics, just thought I would tell you again in case you forgot. :)

·
Registered
329 Posts
We steadily grew over the last 5 years, especially when a little birdy *wink* tips off the local paper every year :D .
My little birdie did the same this year and the local paper came out and took pics yesterday and did an interview. Of course I mention Haunt forum as an inspiration. Hope it brings the TOT's out.
By the way, great story. Maybe next year it could be a group thing ?
Wish I had some neighbors like that. :(

1 - 20 of 28 Posts