Haunt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came home at 10:00 break to check on everything as I usually do and found that my newest plastic posable skeleton had been stolen. From the looks of it, the piece of **** kid tried to take one of the other ones but he was tie-wrapped down too tightly for him to be taken too.

In light of this, I have brought all the tombstones skeletons and anything else not screwed down or too large to steal inside. I will put *some* of the stuff back out on Saturday for my (now seemingly ruined) party, some more on Sunday and finish it all off on Monday. This really sucks because I now feel like I absolutely HAVE to buy a surveillance camera to watch things while I'm away.

This is why I shall never bring a child into this world. Most kids are good, but it's my worry that I'll bring another asshole kid into this world that prevents me from doing so.

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that also Zombie. We've had thefts on my block before also. My living next door to the town vandal doesn't make things any better. Don't let it get you down. Think of all the good kids who appreciate what you do.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Sorry to hear that Zombie-f.

I grew up in Somervile. A fairly crowed city. I had so many things stolen from me when I was a kid.
Bikes from my back yard, a leather Jacket at a company party...etc. I have learned that some people
are jerks out there.

I pretty much bring everything in at night so it doesn't walk. It's kinda of a
pain but it's worth it.

We all work too hard on our props to have them either walk or be vandalized.

Even the Crypt I just put out I sprang for a 1/4 piece of Lexan for the front to keep my FCG from walking.

It's stinks that you have to base how you live as to how others will treat you and your stuff.

Next year I plan to make some "stunt" tombstones that I can leave out all the time.

That way if a stone that I took 1 hr to make walks I don't feel as bad as one that took me 40 hrs to make.

Once again I'm sorry to hear about the theft.

·
Registered
6,009 Posts
Zombie-F said:
This is why I shall never bring a child into this world. Most kids are good, but it's my worry that I'll bring another asshole kid into this world that prevents me from doing so.
I have 3 kids..They are great, and honest (well, as honest as kids can be), Any how, don't let the way other parents have raised thier kids to influence you on raising your own..We need GOOD parents and more GOOD kids.

Maybe we can crowd out the bad ones.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Don't let it get you down (I know its been said.) But there are a lot of kids that would appreceate your haunt and love to see it. I mean the kids here on the fourm really apprecate it.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Dude, your house has got a "thievery curse" or something.
That blows.:mad:

·
Premium Member
5,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tell me about it. And with there being Rain/Snow in the forecast for Saturday, it looks like I'm going to be putting my ass in overdrive to get everything up and running on Sunday now. Looks like no outdoor decorations for the party Saturday. :(

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that Zombie,

If it makes you feel any better my truck was egged last weekend.

time for an electric fence and barberd wire, cool year round prop that serves a purpose.

It should be leagle to beat other peoples kids.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Ugh, that stinks. I hope that stolen skeleton brings that kid all sorts of bad karma. I also hope your Halloween party goes well. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

·
Premium Member
5,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Argh. Now they're saying we could get up to an inch of SNOW with this storm. I'm still ****ing sick of the snow from last winter.

And sorry to hear about your truck Hibla.

I just comforted myself by going to Spencer's and getting stuff for half off. They were out of Devil Dogs, but I got one of those white flying witches for $50 so that rocks. :D

·
Premium Member
5,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I did do that yesterday. I've been around town enough times to know who has what out already and I didn't see him. Plus, even if I did see one, it's a common enough item that I couldn't just take it out of someone else's yard out of fear that the person I just took it from actually bought it on their own.

I'll bet he's sitting in some jackass teenager's room by now anyway.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
I've been meaning to comment on this for the past few days, but with a similar crisis of my own going down at the same time my mind has been...pre-occupied.

I'm sorry as hell for your loss, Z. I know you work very hard on your props all year around and then to have some ****head asshole just come up and take in a few seconds what took hours to put together is truly unforgivable. If there is any justice in this world, that skeleton they ripped off will bring them nothing but serious misfortune.

I wish you all the luck in the world, my friend, in retrieving your stolen property. Perhaps when you do find this "person" they can be worked in as a prop for next year if you catch my drift. It doesn't hurt to dream.

·
Registered
75 Posts
hey guys don't jump to conclussions maybe there is some boneless kid somewhere just layin in a lump waiting for a skeleton so he can get up and dance to kanye west. So someone stole it to help him out. he had it immplanted in his blob of skin body .he could be having the time of his life right now with his new skeleton.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
I know I'm a bit late in responding to this but it's really a shame that your stuff was messed with. Before we moved to this neighborhood some little punks stole all of our best masks while we slept. We never put anything back out over there. Now though, my skellies are about 3 inches inside of our front sidewalk (literally 3 inches) and there is no fence around the yard. Noone has ever touched them other than to put his hat back on when it blew off. Don't let a bad experience prevent you from doing what you do. I really do think there are more good people out there than bad....you just never hear about them. I'm sure everyone who came to your display appreciated all the time and effort that went into getting it ready, and they'll continue to come back each year.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
I'll bet you that the **** who jacked your skeleton showed up for your yard display, laughing to himself because he had the utter gall to do so. Criminals always return to the scene of the crime. Sorry bastard. :mad:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts