Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 5718 Posts

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is played on some Forums past and present that I have been a member of. The rules are fairly simple: You pick two things, be it actors, actresses, rock bands, movies--anything, that are similar in nature and everyone chooses which they would prefer. When everyone has had a chance to pick something, someone else starts another This or That topic. You can give reasons why you prefer something over another if you like, but it's not necessary, it is simply more fun if you do and gives us all a chance to learn more about our Forum pals.

Superman
or
Batman?

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
The Batman. Mind you, I like SuperDude as much as the next guy, but there's something fascinating about "The Bat", places dark and dank, hidden, nighttime in the city, and that wonderful toy he drives around in.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Bat for me as well. Supes has some cool powers and all, but you can't beat Bruce Wayne's alter ego when it comes to whooping ass in the most exciting of ways. :D

·
Banned
376 Posts
When I was young and innocent, and believed in superheroes and watched a lot of He-Man and saw Batman and Batman Returns in the theaters with such excitement, basically before I became a teenager and was traumatized for life, I looked up to Superman. I didn't appreciate the darkness of Batman until I was a loner teenager who couldn't relate to anyone except Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. Superman has universal appeal, and my inner-child still thinks he has the better costume. I should still say I choose Batman, because he has those two really cool Tim Burton films (October 18 can't come soon enough) but I like Superman's legacy better.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Even though he's been stuck with some really horible films, nobody beats the Bat. In the DC Universe the Bat is like, one step below God. And it's a very small step. :ninja:

·
Banned
376 Posts
Hey, isn't the point of this game supposed to be: the person who answers, then follows their answer with a This or That of their own?

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No. Everyone that wants in gets a shot at putting their two cents in. After a while, someone (Whoever wants to) gets to do another "This or That?" It doesn't matter when it's done, if you think the time is appropriate, go for it! :)

·
Banned
376 Posts
Sinister said:
No. Everyone that wants in gets a shot at putting their two cents in.
I was THIS close to actually mentioning that in that last post. But heck, that's what the
option is for. I never wanted to promote ignoring the first or any previous t.o.t. entries. If I say anymore, this will go off topic. So, I'll go for...

Not cold winter (never below 33 degrees, no freezing winds or school cancellations)
or
Record hot summer (always over 100 degrees, plus 90% humidity every day)?

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not cold Winter for me. If it is above 33, that's fine that is if it doesn't feel like Spring, or worse, Summer outside. I HATE the heat! Give me cold, crisp weather any day of the year.

·
Banned
376 Posts
You're the first person I've found who actually admits they don't like the heat. I'll make the same choice because I'd rather live in 25 degrees every day all year round than have to put up with even 82 degrees and 75% humidity. But most people just don't understand the concept of too hot, especially when they whine all winter long- "I wish it was summer, I wish it was summer." Then we get summer, with a vengeance.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You can ask Zombie-F, Spaulding, Raxl just about anyone that I even suspect lives or has lived up North, that I have been known to start actual threads inquiring about weather change when the actual season for Autumn or Winter is upon us. Unfortunately, living in Florida, you don't know when Summer ends or begins here. It's hot for a good ten out of twelve months in this godforsaken patch of earth. :mad:

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Surf or Turf?

I know a lot of people LOVE seafood; so do I, but nothing even comes close to a perfectly cooked steak with all the trimmings. Turf for me, Unpleasant Street Posse! :D

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Turf, definitely turf. I don't much care for many seafoods, Haddock and Salmon pretty much sum up my Surf likes, but for turf...

Anything that lives on a farm is good. Chicken, steak, ribs, pork chops... I could go on and on.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Surf. I'll have fish any day. Cooked any way. Nothing like a Friday night fish fry down south consisting of fried mullet (catfish will do in a pinch), steak fries, hushpuppies, baked beans, cheese grits, and iced tea! Yum yum!

·
Banned
376 Posts
I do like a whole lot of Surf, I got to go with turf. Just because there are sea things I will not eat. I can't stand scallops, I won't touch them to pry a hundred dollar bill from them. I also don't like shrimp. But there are more turf things I won't eat.

·
Banned
376 Posts
Velvet Revolver. Mostly because I've always been a fan of Stone Temple Pilots and their lead singer Scott Weiland, I even vaguely remember his 1998 solo project, and his album 12 Bar Blues. I like this new outfit.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
GnR. (duh :p )

VR is nice and all, but c'mon, where is Slash really rockin it harder: Appetite or Contraband? Appetite is one of the best rock albums ever.
Like I said, VR is a nice little project, and I hope they can keep it going, after cancelling a huge chunk of their European tour, but it can't come close to what GnR was.

1 - 20 of 5718 Posts