Haunt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I check the local thrift stores (and yard sales) every week to see what I can find and picked-up this yesterday for $2. It's 14" tall, has a night-light in it, and is made of paper-mâché. I know it's hard to see in the pic but, the mouth and eyes of the tree and pumpkins are cut-outs and cast some wicked shadows when lit! I know it's a little cheesy but for $2 I couldn't turn it down. I may place it in one of the non-used room during my Halloween party so it casts shadows in the hallway… or something like that…I'm sure I will find a use for it.

What have y'all found this year?

·
A little bit bent...
3,232 Posts
So far a couple of old lanterns for the graveyard and three cheapo CD players for $10. Still looking for a large plastic ice chest for the new fog chiller but with summer in full swing, they're probably all gone by now. I like that spooky tree! That's a good catch.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
NICE! I like it! I found some spider rings (about 300) for a couple bucks and a wooden rocking horse (in the garbage) and for 2.00 I got a fountain that i took the pump out for bleeding tombstone creations. Thats my best find. I was so excited.

·
Bataholic
2,725 Posts
Cool tree EitD!!! Definitley a good find! :) I got a bunch of handles from a ladies kitchen for only $1.00! Gonna use them on my coffin. :>

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’m lucky, here in Utah we have stores called Dessert Industries, or DI for short. They are church based (Mormon) thrift stores which keep a ton of stuff, which changes daily. I can always find something even if it’s just small candle holders.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Hee Hee, found this yesterday for $2 and I'm going to let my kids paint it. It included statue, paint, instructions, and a blinking red light that goes in the base behind the "Mosnster mix" box. :jol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts