Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 221 Posts

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Home Stretch

I know it's probably a bit too early to be posting this, but we are getting closer. I originally posted this last year on a day when it was finally in the double digits instead of the triple. But what the hell! This year I am actually going to get to see an Autumn and I am totally psyched about it. So here it goes, roughly 110 days out and I can practically smell those burning leaves, melting candle wax, hay, candy and just a cool cripsness that should be indicative of the holiday. The excitement is definitely building...! :jol:

I'm going to try to keep this thread alive until All Hallows and then it can fade back into the shadows. But until then, expect regular declarations of how close we are from either me, Doc, Zombie-F or anyone else so inclined to pipe up and shout it from the roof top. The time draws ever nigh. :jol:

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
It got gloomy and rainy last night so I sat on my porch and took a deep breath of that autumn feeling in the air... I hear ya. ... its on its way. That makes me happy.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
It's on its way and I still have much to do! Yikes! :eek:

I gotta:
  • Finish the Obelisk
  • Build the rocking mechanism into my sleeping skeleton guard's chair
  • Program the prop-1s that will be making the skeleton comedy club and laugning deer head work
  • Build a temporary "bar" inside the shed to serve cider from inside the "skeleton comedy club" (aka my shed)
  • Build LED spotlights for use in the comedy club
  • Come up with a decorating scheme for in the comedy club (will likely involve Scene Setters)

Plus, I gotta bust out all the old stuff at some point, check it all out and perform any repairs necessary.

Lots to do, lots to do! :eek:

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
hmm.
95 degrees, and I spent an hour sweating my ass off in an attic today. It was like going swimming, with out the fun.:p
Not very halloween-y right now.
But, having the house to myself for a couple of nights, maybe a couple of monster movies will put me in the holiday spirit.:jol:

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
I will have to make myself a list too. too much to do! and only 110 days oops 109 to do it in

• finish witch
  • board windows
  • fog chiller
  • music
  • lighting
  • scarecrow (replacing MIB - will do that next year)

And thats only what i can think of off the top of my head.... Its gonna be great!

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
I have been in the double digits for some time now. I am starting set up on Sept 23rd and hoping to be done before Oct 1st. I went into panic mode a couple weeks ago when I realized it. I'm ready mentally but no where near ready when it comes to completed props.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
I start my set up the first weekend of October. I have Ranger camp second last week of Sept and Guide camp last week of Sept then I have my weekends free until after October again.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Thanks for reminding me how LITTLE time I have left. I have about 692 projects left to be completed before the beginning of October when set up begins! It's so hard to get motivated to drag all the stuff out into the driveway when it is this hot outside though....wonder if I can latex a few corpses while in the pool! Well, enough goofing off in here...time to go work on another project.

·
I'm bringing sexy back
7,769 Posts
I too can't believe how fast this summer is going. I'm actually enjoying it because of having a pool, but yes, I also have to get my ass in gear and work on the cemetary fence that I want to make for my front yard. I am starting to get that feeling when you see who many days are left before that wonderful day - it's excitement and "oh ****"!

·
Registered
219 Posts
One evening was cool last week (it's 95 with 100 degree humidity today) but on that cool evening the air had that smell, you know that smell only us Halloweeniers seem to appreciate. I have started working on some things, sweating like crazy, in the garage, so much to do and it is now on the down slide. Yeah, I know the feeling, haunting isn't far away now, my desire to scare the crap out of people is really kicking in...

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
we had a 'cool' front move thru way too quickly a couple weeks ago........its rained off and on all week however its still in the upper 90's w/80% humidity

today 102 out..........hardly h'ween weather ...........lol

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
105 Days left. Hopefully this heatwave will end soon and it will start feeling the holiday by September. This just can't go on indefinitely, can it? :confused: :( :jol:

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Oh I hope not..lol I want to feel the cool crisp air of fall and watch the leaves change colors. I Love that time of year.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
And at running the risk of getting mushy here, I want to feel those things with you, my love. I am so looking forward to it. :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
I simply cant wait either. I am already plotting and planning my decorations.
I usually start counting the days down after the 4th of July............

Colorado huh. I LOVE COLORADO, its my favorite place to be.

·
I'm bringing sexy back
7,769 Posts
Yeah - it's 101 today and 99 tomorrow. If I could get my ass out of the pool and put my mind to starting the fence. Also, money is kinda tight because of trying to get some of my bill paid off this year. But, alas, my prop-making must go on!!!!!

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
HOLY ****!!!! I'm falling down on the job. I didn't post at 100, but screw all that now, because we're just in the double digits now! Still a piece away but we're definitely getting there. :jol:

1 - 20 of 221 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.