Haunt Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How would i put a timer on my fog machine? i want it to go for 15 seconds then stop for 30 and loop that how do i do it?

-fog machine info-
(idk if this would be needed but here are some info)
Power: AC 120V 60Hz
Heater: 400W
Output: 2000 cu.Ft/Min
Tank Capacity: 0.8 Liter
Remote: Wireless Remote (only has on/off switch)
Safety shut-off
and needs to be plugged in to work

So please help me (also im new to all this so i may have A LOT of questions)

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
You can buy a timer to do just this. Gemmy sell one cheap that you can usually buy in Wal Mart

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=3059935

It MAY be suitable but it may not - what make & model is your machine?
it doesnt exactly say the model it says "400 Watt Fog Machine with wireless remote" then it says at the botom "FITCO Item# 19133"

i found it its a heshan lide electronic enterprise company ltd fogger
model # FE-300IRM
Item # 19133

Nevermind turns out the timer you told me will work with my fogger thanks!

·
A little bit bent...
3,232 Posts
I think that there's one place that makes all the fog machine timers, they just put them in different boxes or change the labels once in a while. I just got a Gemmy 400W machine, came from Michael's but not in a Gemmy box - something like Celebrations Intnl. I'm using a Heshan Lide timer with it (from Party City), sold under the Seasonal Visions label. Works fine.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think that there's one place that makes all the fog machine timers, they just put them in different boxes or change the labels once in a while. I just got a Gemmy 400W machine, came from Michael's but not in a Gemmy box - something like Celebrations Intnl. I'm using a Heshan Lide timer with it (from Party City), sold under the Seasonal Visions label. Works fine.
you are speaking a different language right now XD and i've never heard of party city only part place and party store

·
A little bit bent...
3,232 Posts
What I mean to say is that it seems that most low-end foggers can use generic timers. When you get into the more expensive machines, there may be specific features of the fogger that the timer is designed to control.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
If anyone fancies getting me a Walmart one then I'd be very grateful. Obviously I'd refund cost and postage etc but it's impossible to find such things in Australia

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Do you know how difficult it is to get a green card?

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Hey, I'd consider it but I like Australia apart from the lack of good Halloween stuff

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I just homebrewed a timer using my $10 prop controller board with 2 pots and a solid state relay. Testing tonight.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts