Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
8,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys, we petitioned for this thread and we got it.

What are some quick tips you've picked up along the way?

I'll start:

After you put on your base, be sure to stipple it by using your fingers to lightly pat all over. This removes fingerprints and streaks to make it uniform and smooth. :D

Next?

·
Registered
8,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Atta gal! Don't use red make-up around the eyes in general. It contains a dye that many people are sensitive to. I have, however, found that red blush is fine.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Don't use the old-fashioned spirit gum if you plan on doing any drinking while made up. The trace of alcohol in your sweat will dissolve the adhesive.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Atta gal! Don't use red make-up around the eyes in general. It contains a dye that many people are sensitive to. I have, however, found that red blush is fine.
Funny you say that I use a red lip liner around my eyes on halloween :D works pretty good for me

·
Registered
104 Posts
Practice putting on your make-up before the big day. I was a demoness for this past Halloween and I got to wear everything but my pointed ears. They required adhesive to stay in place. I think if I had practiced using them a few times before hand I would have been able to get them on in time.

·
Registered
8,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great tip! Using small amounts of blood that have dripped often make a bigger shock value than buckets o'blood.

·
Registered
206 Posts
If possible, put your make-up on well before your costume. If your costume needs pulling over your head or if it will disturb any of your make-up to put it on, put the costume on first, then protect it with a HUGE old towel

Also, if you have hair in any lenght longer than say, bald, pull a wig cap or old stocking over your hair to keep your face free. An artist needs a blank canvas to work with

·
Registered
403 Posts
Don't use pancake batter for oozing flesh if you have any large dogs in the neighborhood....unless you're into that sort of thing....

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
use a powder on after your makeup before the colours to keep it from getting tacky and annoying you .

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
if you use contact lenses, pre wear them to make sure they don't disrupt your vision, hurt your eyes, or anything along those lines. Common sense, yes but I know some people who wear them just to look "cool" dispite discormfort. :(

·
Registered
8,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
going along the same lines, don't handle spicy foods before putting in your contacts. getting spice oils on your lenses is extremely hard to get off.

·
Registered
8,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
unless you are a hard-core make-upper, shave before using latex on areas with hair. It's painful pulling it off.

360 Posts
HELP!! I am looking to cover a face that has facial hair in pure white for part of a costume. However, I have been having problems finding a way to cover it cleanly and completely. Can you suggest a particular makeup, or a tip, or both, that will allow me to do this. Thank you for any help you can provide

·
Registered
103 Posts
Cotton and latex isn't just for corpsing Buckys.
Just remember to "mold release" any hair with vasoline, Jergens lotion, etc.
And expect to have to pick latex out of your whiskers anyway!

1/DR, you could possibly cover the facial hair with morticians wax, pressing it flat to the skin, and apply makeup over that.

·
Registered
8,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Spirit gum works the same way with flattening, then powdering, but it will still be noticable as unnatural.

I suggest going one of two routes: get a white spray for hair, and use that for your facial hair. For more of a complete and natural look, spray the spray into a small container and use a toothbrush to apply it to your facial hair.

or

Use white make up ("Apple White Clown White" comes immediately to mind), apply with a small brush or toothbrush and powder with talc. Repeat as necessary.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts