1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
A little bit bent...
3,232 Posts
Good grief, krough! You just raised the bar again! Yes, that thing is major creepy, and please, I want to see some night pix.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It took me roughly 2-3 hours probably. The head is a skull from Anatomical Chart Company, it is mached then painted. The body is 2x4 lumber for the first 3 feet from the ground, then its 1 inch PVC to the head. The arms are that grey foam pipe insulation and they are duct taped to the pool noodle shoulders. I then sprayed a little adhesive here and there and applied what is called accord fabric, I have only ever found it at a local place here in Seattle called "display and costume" its a woven mat textile fabric and is like 1 dollar a yard. Anyway, I took accord fabric and ran it from the shoulder to the ground and glued it in place with the spray adhesive. Then I took a bunch of beef netting and streteched it over a 5 gallon bucket and started spray painting it. I hate dye. then I took the beef netting and simply slid it over the head and body, and cut it where appropriate with a razor, and then painted it a bit more. I did this on the fly and am quite happy with it.

·
In Remembrance
7,646 Posts
Ya know krough, this stuff seems to come to you all to easy, which for some reason worries me a little.
Anyway, a fine use for the netting material. I am guessing a pvc frame work, with mache skull and a pair of the may skelly hands you have in stock. Adding the wolf would fill it out nicely thou. And yes I would like to see some more shots of the guy. A small group of them "walking" in line, with one holding a lantern would look good also. Just a thought.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
sweet. your talent for doing things "on the fly" amazes me. I really like this prop. and I think it was a great way for you to spend the day..lol

·
DeceptiProp
5,851 Posts
You beat me to the punch on that one Krough. I might have to work on that one image with the boxes. I might be able to make that scary. Well, Maybe...

·
Registered
8,110 Posts
"...I did this on the fly and am quite happy with it."

You made me laugh! I do this too, because I get too impatient to plan ahead much of the time! :-DDD

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Your website rocks!!!! Im gonna keep that page open for when my hubby comes home. Hes getting the spark and these might just put him over the edge
LOL thanks!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts