Haunt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would like everyone's opinion on something. While I was trying to come up with names for my tombstones, in typical adolescent humor, I have come up with names such as Craven Moorehead, Ivana Naelya, Haywood Jablome, Ben Dover, etc. Now, I know that I didn't make these up and they are old as dirt, but do you think that they are inappropriate for my yard display?
My wife says I may offend someone, which I'd rather not do.
My opinion is that the kids are not reading the stones, they're taking everything in at once, the teens would laugh their [email protected]#$$ off and the parents would smile. My 22 year old daughter didn't even get most of them.

Anyway, let me know and I apologize if I offended anyone here.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, someone else in the neighborhood has a few similar stones and I lmao, soooooooooo, me being the extremist that I am....guess I got carried away. Keep the opinions coming, Still not sure what I'm going to do....hate to make all new stones, maybe I'll keep these to the back.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OK, Ok, the WIFE wins again, I just want to win one time! LOL
Shakes- forgot about good ole Phil McCracken, good call!
Meltdown- I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks of these.

What I'll probably do is just paint them grey, not hilite the lettering, and keep them towards the back. Now I gotta whip up a few more for up front. Thank God I didn't make them real elaborate like some here.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Well now, the tide seems to be turning. Still haven't made up my mind totally on this yet. You see, when I first saw them at someone else's display, I thought they were hilarious, but I'm 41. My 14 year daughter old never gave them a second look. I personally think that the key is; to get the joke, you either have to say the name exactly as intended or pronounce it exactly as intended. Everything is spelled slightly off or you have to change the syllables. It took me awhile to figure out My Dixie Wrecked, and I know I have this twisted sense of humor!
Keep em comin'!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Well, I put out of few of the less "offensive" ones. Ben Dover, Harry Bush, Ivana Naelya. Got a few shaking heads so far, but we had the homecoming parade go by the house yesterday and most comments were favorable......."Great job", "Love the yard", "Always the best house in the neighborhood" etc. I'll make some "normal" ones for next year, just don't have the time now..........but I will also make a nice one for Drew Peacock......I LOVE that one!!!!!!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
My sentiments exactly Bolt. I like my sense of humor and think most others do as well, but then again don't we all. I can think back to more than one occasion that I probably crossed the "line". If James Bond and Austin Powers can get away with the names they used, then we should be able to go unscathed with these, but in this politically correct world that we live in, you never know. I am or at least try to be, as a rule, politically INCORRECT....... now I know that may come as a great shock to many of you, but it's true....besides, it's alot more fun that way!!!!!!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Boy did that bring back some NASCAR memories, I don't think I'll make one for him, but I am stealing and slightly modifying the one for Tess, Tess Tikels

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.