Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, people already have a thread going with the worst horror movies they hated...

...and My acting buddies are all appalled when I tell them I love B-Movies...

so, I want to know what Tongue-In-Cheek B-Horror Movies you liked/loved!

For example and to get things going:

Bud the CHUD

Cannibal the Musical (Stretching it, I know)

Killer Klowns from Outer Space (One of my all-time faves!)

·
Registered
8,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah! Planting people and attacking veggies. Nice indeed. Are you familier with "Creeps?"

It's about a 3 foot tall Frankenstein, 3' tall Wolfman, and 3' tall Dracula running rampant.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Let me see:

Return of the Living Dead I & II

Night of the Demons I & II

Satan's Little Helper

Hell Night

The Re-Animator films

Tales From the Crypt: The Demon Knight

Army of Darkness, Evil Dead 2

Cabin Fever

The Toxic Avenger

From Dusk Till Dawn

·
Registered
8,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ah! I notice you like Troma and Full Moon productions.

I would love to act in B-movies. Sorority Babes in the Slimeball Bowl-o-Rama anyone?

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
I do. I have spoken to Charles Band at some length when I came out to Cali. A nice guy, that one. I wouldn't mind writing a feature for him some day. That's my forte, writing books, screenplays and short stories.

Troma has a few cool things, but stay well away from David DeCoteau. No more need be said. :D

·
Registered
8,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LOL I hear you on David. I'll take your tip.

What screen plays have you written? In my opinion, we don't have enough true tongue in cheek B-horror movies.

On the other hand, I just starred in an B-comedy indie film out here in Chicago called PirateNinja. I was the captain of a pirate ship and have a Ninja as a crew member! heh If my acting career took me into doing Full Moon, or if I was able to do B-horrors/comedies full time, I would be a very happy actor indeed!

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
I have written one screenplay and have started a few others. I have written some books and short stories. I'm trying to get some stuff shopped around so I can make my mark in movie history. Know of any connections that might help me in this endeavour, send 'em my way. Every little bit helps. :D :cool:

Mine is a true Horror film outing. Nothing B-film about it, though I might do something along those lines eventually. Seeing some of the crap that's out there, it can't be too hard to write. :D

·
Registered
8,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LOL Yeah, but that crap is usually trying to be take seriously and failing miserably. Ala- the difference between tongue in cheek and the regular everyday B.

I'm still in the small time. The only people I know are small budget indies right now.

I assume you've copyrighted your work with the WGA. Actor's curiosity: Is there any way I could read it?

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
I just need an email addy. My work is copyrighted through the Library of Congress in Washington D.C. Else, I wouldn't let anyone have a copy.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
I'll squeeze a copy off to you today some time or another. Yeah, writing can be frustrating at times, but it's my passion. My dream is to do nothing but that one day. People can act, produce (I wouldn't mind trying my hand at directing one day) or do whatever when it comes to movies. Just let me write and I will be very happy. :)

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
I always thought if I ever got in front of the camera, it would be as a cameo sort of like Hitchcock and a few others do. I never had any real aspirations to do it. I really don't like having my picture taken in any way shape or form. Keeping that in mind, it's a wonder I even consented to the pix I have in the FangoCon thread. :D

·
Registered
8,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
In some places picture taking is considered stealing part of the soul.

I think many directors like doing cameos in their own film. In NinjaPirate the director sat at the sushi bar for a scene.

In The Lakehouse the director sat next to Sandra B. on the bus reading a newspaper.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts